Information Delivery - Senior Manager, OFSAA - Banking & Securities
Deloitte Consulting's financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client's unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
Banking & Securities
Mastering profitability and performance. Identifying new revenue sources. Tackling large-scale technology issues. For many executives in banking, this is the short list of their to-dos. Any single one is a tall order on its own - but together, they can seem insurmountable. Especially when you consider that it usually takes a variety of disciplines and capabilities for any of them to succeed.
That's why it's so important to have a team that pulls together the full range of insights where it matters most. Strategy and operations. Human capital. Technology. Enterprise applications. And more. Deloitte knows how to bring it all together in a way that creates real, lasting value. And with resources such as the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, we're constantly identifying new ways to stay ahead of the most complex issues of the day.
Essential Functions of a Senior Manager:
Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Information Management Senior Manager Candidates are required to have:
- 8+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- To conceptualize, design and assist in the implementation of new and existing systems, middleware, data warehouse and production architectures.
- Identify and promote best practices and patterns for data modeling, and provide oversight for all activities related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation using standard data modeling methodologies and processes.
- Provide support on data quality components during the implementation of the solution architecture.
- Provide technical recommendations for optimized data access and retention for the data warehouse.
Qualified candidates are also required to have at least one full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of statements of work and/or client proposals
- Broad system level expertise across multiple computing platforms and technologies with the ability to influence direction around information management at the Enterprise Level
- Organize knowledge transfer to clients
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Lead workshops for client education
- Identify opportunities to add value to the client's organization by effective use of information management
- Build relationships with CXOs and key stakeholders responsible for information and performance management in client's organization
- Ability to scope out the effort and cost for an enterprise reporting solution
- Ability to define how an enterprise information system will align with the organization's business and strategic objectives
- Ability to manage multiple teams on a data warehousing engagement
In addition, successful Sr. Managers will also have the following preferred skills:
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRMKP023-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top