Information Delivery - OFSAA Senior Consultant, Banking & Securities
Deloitte Consulting's financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client's unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
Banking & Securities
Mastering profitability and performance. Identifying new revenue sources. Tackling large-scale technology issues. For many executives in banking, this is the short list of their to-dos. Any single one is a tall order on its own - but together, they can seem insurmountable. Especially when you consider that it usually takes a variety of disciplines and capabilities for any of them to succeed.
That's why it's so important to have a team that pulls together the full range of insights where it matters most. Strategy and operations. Human capital. Technology. Enterprise applications. And more. Deloitte knows how to bring it all together in a way that creates real, lasting value. And with resources such as the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, we're constantly identifying new ways to stay ahead of the most complex issues of the day.
Essential Functions of a Senior Consultant:
- Senior Consultants work within an engagement team and are not responsible for project management.
- Responsibilities include, among others, identify business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Analytics + Information Management Senior Consultant candidates are required to have:
- 3+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to architect, design and develop an enterprise business intelligence and data warehousing solution
- Define, design and implement logical and physical data models
- Proficient with ETL tools and be able to architect an ETL solution
- Proficient in one or more of major BI Reporting tools and visualization tools such as Qlikview and Tableau
- Proficient in SQL
- Design and implement reporting data sources and complex reports
- Design and develop data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Willingness to travel to client locations (80%)
Qualified Senior Consultant candidates are also required to have at least one full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience creating processes for defining and documenting data standards and meta models
- Build an integrated metadata environment consisting of both operational and business metadata and ensure the quality and integrity of the data
- Identify opportunities to optimize performance of existing data structures
Design and implement data quality and data auditing processes
- Provide expertise in data discovery and profiling
In addition, successful Senior Consultant will also have the following preferred skills:
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCKP024-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top