Information Delivery - OFSAA Consultant, Banking & Securities
Deloitte Consulting's financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client's unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
Banking & Securities
Mastering profitability and performance. Identifying new revenue sources. Tackling large-scale technology issues. For many executives in banking, this is the short list of their to-dos. Any single one is a tall order on its own - but together, they can seem insurmountable. Especially when you consider that it usually takes a variety of disciplines and capabilities for any of them to succeed.
That's why it's so important to have a team that pulls together the full range of insights where it matters most. Strategy and operations. Human capital. Technology. Enterprise applications. And more. Deloitte knows how to bring it all together in a way that creates real, lasting value. And with resources such as the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, we're constantly identifying new ways to stay ahead of the most complex issues of the day.
Essential Functions of a Consultant:
- Consultants function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. Consultants gain exposure to multiple industries while demonstrating an awareness of the full breadth of services offered by Deloitte Consulting LLP.
- Responsibilities include defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementation.
Analytics + Information Management Consultant candidates are required to have:
- 2+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- Understanding the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
Qualified Consultant candidates are also required to have at least one full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with data dictionaries, data analysis and relational databases
- Have experience in connect to the different types of the sources using ODBC connections
- Proficient with ETL tools and be able to architect an ETL solution
- Proficient in one or more of major BI Reporting tools and visualization tools such as Qlikview and Tableau
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with leading OLAP products and metadata tools on the market
- Be familiar with defining a data warehouse solution, multidimensional model, logical and physical models design, data types, staging process and its benefits, and different data warehouse design approaches (top-down, bottom-up) and schemas (Star, Snow Flakes, etc)
In addition, successful Consultant will also have the following preferred skills:
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
Requisition code: E18NATCASCKP026-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top