Information Delivery - Manager, Banking & Securities
Deloitte Consulting’s financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client’s unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
Banking & Securities
Mastering profitability and performance. Identifying new revenue sources. Tackling large-scale technology issues. For many executives in banking, this is the short list of their to-dos. Any single one is a tall order on its own – but together, they can seem insurmountable. Especially when you consider that it usually takes a variety of disciplines and capabilities for any of them to succeed.
That’s why it’s so important to have a team that pulls together the full range of insights where it matters most. Strategy and operations. Human capital. Technology. Enterprise applications. And more. Deloitte knows how to bring it all together in a way that creates real, lasting value. And with resources such as the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, we’re constantly identifying new ways to stay ahead of the most complex issues of the day.
Essential Functions of a Manager:
- A Manager at Deloitte will manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
- Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
Analytics + Information Management Manager Candidates are required to have:
- 6+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- Proficient in one or more of major ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, SAS and their administration
- Proficient in one or more of major BI Reporting tools and visualization tools such as Qlikview and Tableau
- Proficient in one or more of major metadata tools and their administration
- Proficient in one or more of major data modeling tools such as Erwin, Data Architect, Oracle Designer and their administration
- Provide support on data quality components during the implementation of the solution architecture
- Provide technical recommendations for optimized data access and retention for the data warehouse
- Provide oversight support to the design, development and QA teams
- Define areas of improvement to optimize data flows
- Identify strategy for data acquisition and archival
- Willingness to travel to client locations (80%)
Qualified candidates are also required to have at least one full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of statements of work and/or client proposals
- Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of information architecture
- Experience with program leadership, governance and change enablement
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Lead workshops for client education
- Manage resources and budget on client projects
- Ability to scope out the effort and cost for an enterprise reporting solution
- Ability to define how an enterprise information system will align with the organization’s business and strategic objectives
- Ability to manage multiple teams on a data warehousing engagement
In addition, successful Manager will also have the following preferred skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRVS302-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top