Industrial Organizational Psychologist
The Industrial/Organizational Practitioner will design, validate, and evaluate assessments for selection purposes. The practitioner will conduct literature reviews, perform validity transportability studies, and build and validate custom assessments. Practitioner will play an integral role within our fast-paced interdisciplinary team to deliver projects with exceptional creativity and technical knowledge, and a natural desire to keep current on the latest trends in selection assessment. Applicant must have excellent client facing skills as they will be interacting with clients regularly and should show the ability to learn about client needs, agency strategy, and challenges.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within our OT&T team you will:
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provides coaching to junior staff
- Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manages own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experiences
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal OT&T practice helps clients with their critical organizational transformation and talent initiatives. We work across the enterprise, offering business-oriented and data-driven talent strategy, organization strategy, technology adoption, leadership alignment, culture, learning, and strategic change solutions to address the organization's transformation and talent agenda. Join us, and play a key role in helping our clients achieve impactful, sustainable results!
- Bachelor's Degree in business, human resources, communications, industrial and organizational development/psychology or a related discipline
- Masters Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Experience with researching, designing, and evaluating assessments for selection purposes
- Experience in areas such as pre-hire assessments, job analysis techniques, competency modeling
- Project management, self-management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working with federal government agencies a plus
- Experience working with a crowdsourcing Internet marketplace to test assessment measures, (e.g., Mechanical Turk) a plus
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18SPRCSRCRG43802
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top