Indonesia/Thailand-TMT Network Technology (RAN) - Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
About Deloitte Consulting Southeast Asia (SEA) – Technology Advisory Services (TAS):
Deloitte Consulting SEA, a member firm of Deloitte Tohmatsu Limited comprising Deloitte practices operating in Brunei, Cambodia, Guam, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam with over 500 consultants. Our charter is to assist organizations to achieve their business objectives and goals through bringing the best and most relevant talent through our multi-disciplinary approach, leveraging global networks, and understanding challenges of specific industries particularly within the Asian context
Our professionals are aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients’ business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world’s leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
We currently have opportunities for Managers within our TAS service line, with experience in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) industry. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Co-leading teams in client engagements and managing day to day client interactions
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Managing and delivering components of client engagements on time and in line with client expectations
- Owning, driving and contributing to project deliverables
- Supporting bid and sales opportunity activities
- Participating in aspects of the proposal development process
- Contributing to TMT practice growth and development
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- You have an excellent master’s degree (or comparable) in a relevant field of study
- Proven professional experience abroad, experience with developing markets and the Southeast Asian area
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box, work under pressure and tight project timelines
- At least 10 – 12 years’ experience and knowledge in telecommunication industry with operators and/or other consultancies, of which 5 years must have been served at another top tier consulting firm, for
- Mobile network (2G/3G/4G) radio network technologies
- Defining technology strategies for operator’s mobile networks (focus on radio networks and their optimal architectures / efficient spectrum use)
- Good knowledge and experience in radio network planning and optimization, radio network operations and radio network rollout planning
- Willing to do extensive travelling and project delivery in South-East Asia (primary priority) and worldwide (secondary priority)
- Excellent experience in the use of MS Excel
- Excellent soft skills and experience working directly with clients and senior stakeholders
- Project/Program management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience in working for management consulting companies will be an asset
- Possess strong leadership qualities and be a team player
- Ability to handle cultural diversity and manage ambiguity
- Understanding of current IT trends e.g. cloud computing, big data, social media, etc
- Strong expertise in demand and traffic forecasting for radio / mobile networks
- Solid experience in cost, rollout and/or business case modeling of mobile networks e.g. for spectrum and license valuations, rollout planning for green and brownfield operators as well as cost modeling as part of business case development (e.g.operator valuation and due diligent projects)
- Understanding of telecommunication products, offerings and trends
- Certified in either PRINCE2 or PMP
- Certified in TOGAF, COBIT, or ITIL
- Experience working with the Big 4 or similar consulting environment
In addition to strong client service orientation, we are also seeking talented leaders who have the capability to deliver quality solutions with superior analytical and problem solving skills. Besides excellent interpersonal and communication skills, candidates should have proven demonstration of sound business acumen, teamwork and leadership qualities. An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel is a pre-requisite.
Position may be based in Indonesia (Jakarta)/Thailand(Bangkok) but project locations could be anywhere in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Requisition code: DC357-130348-2017
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top