Hyperion HFM, Solution Engineer
Deloitte isone of the leading professional services organizations in the United States,specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services withclients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions tosome of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including morethan 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte,in addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to giveback to your community and make a positive impact on your peers. Our commitmentto individual choice lets you customize aspects of your development. Finally,our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit http://www.deloitte.com/us/careersto learn more about ourculture, benefits and opportunities.
DeloitteConsulting LLP is one of the world’s leading management consulting firms forexecutable strategy,operations, technology, and human capital advisoryservices. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities– people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilitiesneeded to help our clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Solution Engineer – Hyperion (HFM/Essbase)
If you’re interested in working on mission-critical solutions, thenjoining Deloitte Consulting as a Solution Engineer could be your most rewardingmove. The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical,analytical and business skills while working as a part of a team committed todelivering excellent service for clients around the globe. You will learn newskills that are in demand by our clients, gain expertise in Deloitte’smethodologies and contribute to increasingly complex duties.
In conjunction with our other delivery centers around the world, weoffer development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre andpost-implementation. Our continued growth has created the need for applicationdevelopment and management professionals to provide services in support of ourclient’s systems and business processes. Successful candidates will demonstrateboth their ability to work independently and experience making decisions tocomplete assigned responsibilities from center leadership. We are seekingexceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class clientdelivery organization that is a part of one of the world’s premier consultingfirms.
We strive to be recognized as the leading professional servicesfirm by demanding and delivering excellence, and by providing interesting, challengingwork and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Come and excelwithin Deloitte Consulting. Our delivery centers provide complete operationsservices for application management, custom development, and business processsupport for clients. Our teams develop post implementation go-live supportenvironments, construct the transition plan from the project team to thesupport team, and support and maintain the client applications and technologyinfrastructure.
Solution Engineer –Hyperion HFM role, you should possess thefollowing:
- Responsible for supporting and leading project tasks
- Identifies key drivers of a defined problem and proposes solutions
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Performs analysis and effective diagnosis of clients’ issues
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific clientrequirements
- Develops and shares reusable assets that can be readily applied tonew client projects
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods andtools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes tocontinuous development of methods and tools
- A significant contributor to work plans for components onengagements
- May lead a particular work stream, reviewing, and directing thework of more junior staff
- Coordinates activities between work streams and identifies changesin scope
- Develops solutions to client problems through application ofpersonal experience and methods and tools; validates solutions to subjectmatter experts
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successfulrealization of client goals
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance/Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related IT discipline
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- 3 or more years consulting and/or industry experience
- Potential and ability to manage small engagements or work streams within large engagements
- Ability to work with multiple team members with confidence
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on programming experience
- Ability to travel up to 15 percent
- U.S. Citizenship preferred, but not required
- Willing to live or relocate within a commutable distance to Orlando, Florida or Mechanicsburg, PA
- Ability and willingness to acquire U.S. Security Clearance preferred, but not required
- 3+ years’ experience implementing & maintaining one or more of the following technologies:
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Hyperion Planning / Essbase
- Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR) and Smartview
- FDME (Financial Data Quality Management)
- Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM)
- Public sector planning and budgeting (preferred)
- This role will be 25% functional and 75% technical
- Accounting and Finance industry background
Relevant Business & Technical Skills
- Deep functional and technical knowledge around financial systems and processes.
- Proven skills as a team member, team lead or project manager on at least one full life cycle implementation.
- A proven resource in defining systems, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team. Participate in re-tooling and maintenance and re-tooling.
- Committed to gaining exposure to multiple industries while further developing your technical career.
- Able to collaborate with clients, and have a strong desire to excel.
Requisition code: E17MECCACNS022-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top