Hyperion (Essbase/Planning/HFM) – Solution Specialist
Job Title: Solution Specialist – Hyperion
Location: Orlando, FL and/or Mechanicsburg, PA
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, in addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community and make a positive impact on your peers. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your development. Finally, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit http://www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help our clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Solution Specialist – Hyperion (HFM/Essbase)
If you are interested in working on mission-critical solutions, joining Deloitte Consulting as a Solution Specialist could be your most rewarding move. This role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as a part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for clients around the globe. You will learn new skills that are in demand by our clients, gain expertise in Deloitte's methodologies and contribute to increasingly complex duties.
In conjunction with our other delivery centers around the world, we offer development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre- and post-implementation. Our continued growth has created the need for application development and management professionals to provide services in support of our clients' systems and business processes. Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and experience making decisions to complete assigned responsibilities from center leadership. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class client delivery organization that is a part of one of the world's premier consulting firms.
We strive to be recognized as the leading professional services firm by demanding and delivering excellence, and by providing interesting, challenging work and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Come and excel within Deloitte Consulting. Our delivery centers provide complete operations services for application management, custom development, and business process support for clients. Our teams develop post implementation go-live support environments, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure.
Solution Specialist – Hyperion HFM/Essbase/Planning
- Lead and support project tasks
- Identify key drivers of a defined problem and propose solutions
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Perform analysis and effective diagnosis of clients' issues
- Select the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
- Develop and share reusable assets that can be readily applied to new client projects
- Understand the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contribute to continuous development of methods and tools
- Make significant contributions to work plans for components on engagements
- May lead a particular work stream, reviewing and directing the work of more junior staff
- Coordinate activities between various work streams and identify changes in scope
- Develop solutions to client problems through application of personal experience and methods and tools; validate solutions to subject matter experts
- Demonstrate accountability and contribute to the successful realization of client goals
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance/Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related IT discipline
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- 3 + years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Potential and ability to manage small engagements or work streams within larger engagements
- Ability to work with multiple team members with confidence
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on programming experience
- Ability to travel up to 15 percent
- U.S. Citizenship preferred, but not required
- Willing to live or relocate within a commutable distance to Orlando, FL or Mechanicsburg, PA
- Ability and willingness to acquire U.S. Security Clearance preferred, but not required
- 3+ years' experience implementing & maintaining one or more of the following technologies:
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase in both development and administrative roles.
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in, SmartView and Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR) preferred
- Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS),
- Account Receivable Cloud Service (ARCS)
- Financial Close Cloud Service (FCCS)
- FDME (Financial Data Quality Management) preferred
- Accounting and Finance Industry background
- This role will be 25% functional and 75% technical
- Limited travel (10% to 25%)
Relevant Business & Technical Skills
- Deep functional and technical knowledge around financial systems and processes.
- Proven skills as a team member, team lead or project manager on at least one full life cycle implementation.
- Experience in defining systems, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team. Participation in re-tooling and maintenance.
- Committed to gaining exposure to multiple industries while further developing your technical career.
- Able to collaborate with clients and possess a strong desire to excel.
Requisition code: E18MECCACSNS012-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top