Human Resources - Strategic Project Manager for the Office of the Deloitte Global CHRO
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are seeking a strategic project manager or specialist to join our Global HR team. Global HR is responsible for performance management, operations, engagement, talent advisory, leadership assessment, workforce planning, and other strategic projects for approximately 3,000+ Global professionals.
The project manager will report to the Chief of Staff, and will work directly with the CHRO as well as the broader HR leadership team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to enhance their operations management capabilities and gain experience across the HR discipline. The project manager will oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of high-visibility cross functional projects which support Global HR's strategic priorities. This role will also provide input to leadership on improving consistency and efficiency of project delivery.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Serves as the project manager for high visibility projects (e.g., talent planning, HR technology roadmap, workplace flexibility, and much more) which support Global HR's strategic priorities including developing and monitoring project plans, tracking and following up on risks, and accurately reporting progress against milestones to keep projects on schedule.
- Partners with the Chief of Staff to prepare CHRO for all key meetings – aligning stakeholders, managing materials, tracking action items, and following up as needed
- Works closely with the CHRO in planning, managing and coordinating day-to-day business activities. with ad-hoc analysis and strategic decision support
- Proactively drives and/or oversees projects for the CHRO to completion - working with HR leaders or others outside of the business
- Works with CHRO and Chief of Staff to plan and organize key meetings within HR and across the business
- Works with the CHRO and Chief of Staff to prepare concise, and compelling presentations for senior leadership
- Identifies opportunities to create efficiencies across the team
Education: Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or related field preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years' project management experience and/or a strategic consulting role within Strategy or Human Capital consulting.
- Advanced capability with Microsoft Office suite
- Significant project and program management experience
- Ability to take initiatives from abstract to concrete
- Superior organizational skills and project management skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook) to communicate complex information to a variety of stakeholders.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner with minimal guidance
- Strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages and informed responses to leadership in short timeframes
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish credibility/rapport with stakeholders globally and in a virtual environment
- Must be based in New York area (to come into the NYC office during the week to sit with the team)
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005JR0255
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top