Human Resources Project Manager - Deloitte Global, Talent Advisory
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are seeking a project manager to join our Global HR team. Global HR is responsible for strategic talent advisory to global business units, acquisition, performance management, operations, engagement, leadership assessment, workforce planning, and other strategic projects for professionals based in 30+ countries.
The project manager will work alongside the Client Advisory Associate Director on a number of talent related initiatives. This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to ehance their project management skills, broaden their HR skills across multiple COEs and strengthen experience in creating and implementing talent strategies in a global environment.
Candidates must be based in New York/New Jersey area, and be able to commute to the Princeton office at least 3 days per week.
The Talent Advisory Project Manager will oversee a wide range of highly visible projects or initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Proactively drive and/or oversee projects for the Associate Director to completion - working with HR leaders, and across other business units and stakeholder groups.
- Provide strategic, analytical and project management support, and keep leader abreast of noteworthy events, milestones and issues.
- Own HR projects ranging from change management, location strategy, development of talent guidelines for new business unit creation, bringing robotics to the HR team and operationalize innovative ideas
- Develop and monitor project plans.
- Track and follow-up on risks.
- Accurately report progress against milestones to keep projects/initiatives on schedule.
- Ensure the timely communication and flow of information among leadership and key stakeholders for projects/initiatives. Serve as a conduit and contact point so key objectives are communicated clearly and can be met.
- Work with the Associate Director to plan and organize key meetings all the way from setting agenda to following up on action items
- Represent the Associate Director in relevant meetings, discussions, and conference calls.
Education: Bachelors degree required; Masters degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or related field preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years' project management experience and/or a strategic consulting role within Strategy or Human Capital consulting.
- Significant project and program management experience
- Ability to take initiatives from abstract to concrete
- Superior organizational skills and project management skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook) to communicate complex information to a variety of stakeholders.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner with minimal guidance
- Strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages and informed responses to leadership in short timeframes
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish credibility/rapport with stakeholders globally and in a virtual environment
- A high degree of comfort with complexity and ambiguity
Key Words: HR operations, HR Chief of Staff, Change Management, Talent Strategy, HR strategy, Organization design, Offshore delivery models, shared services HR
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005JR0431
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top