HR Business Partner Lead, Client Advisory Senior Manager
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join the Deloitte Global Human Resources team in a Lead HR Business Partner role. This is an ideal opportunity for an innovative Human Capital practitioner or a seasoned HR leader with strong advisory skills to leverage their expertise in the design, delivery, and execution of talent related initiatives in a global setting. Reporting to the Client Advisory Associate Director, this position will support multiple business groups with personnel situated in more than 25 countries.
This is a highly consultative position; assessing the needs of business leaders and developing Talent strategies that support their business objectives, delivering core HR services and leading from the front. The incumbent will lead a team of HR Business Partners in the execution of these objectives. The ideal candidate will need to bring a passion for both strategic thinking and driving results.
- Serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to leaders across multiple business units; consult with leaders to develop and execute their Talent Strategy, advise on Talent related impact of strategic business/organizational changes, drive associated change management efforts.
- Understand the 'market' and strategic objectives of the business units, working with the business unit leadership on strategic workforce planning including; organization shape and needs, required competencies, location optimization, appropriate talent models, overall alignment with budgets and the business' longer term 2020 strategy and shorter term plans.
- Define and execute programs and projects necessary to achieve the Talent strategy, including plans for communications and change management to create awareness and drive adoption. Examples may include development of succession planning processes, leadership development, and organization development, development of career paths or critical job families, and definition of competency models and learning plans. These goals will be accomplished through close partnership with other HR COEs like Talent Development, OD, Acquisition etc
- Serve as a senior advisor in relation to HR services delivered by HR Business Partners, including; career coaching and development, performance management, job and employee data changes, separations, compensation, employee relations, employee retention and engagement, and career planning.
- Drive and regularly report on value and results delivered to the business. Oversee the Talent Scorecard and monthly reporting to clients; conduct additional deep dive analyses as needed with regular interaction with finance. Summarize trends and issues and deliver practical and insightful thought leadership to business unit leaders, focusing attention on appropriate next steps to address areas of need
- Collaborate with our India based HR team to ensure seamless strategic direction and leadership updates to business leaders for professionals located in our India offices.
- Oversee complex employee relations issues, effectively managing risk, working with the Client Advisory leader, Legal function, and Global HR Leader where appropriate.
- Oversee the talent review and year-end evaluation processes in line with Deloitte Global HR and member firm procedures for client groups. Communicate expectations and work with leaders to manage performance review and counselling processes.
- Lead or mentor other team members including those who are not direct reports as applicable, especially within project context seeking to upskill and cross-train wherever appropriate.
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the Deloitte Global commitment to creating an inclusive culture.
- Play a key role in maturing the Talent Advisory COE by bringing in process excellence and innovation and driving consistent HR practices across all clients
- Bachelor's degree
- Post-graduate level degree and a professional Human Resources/business qualification or equivalent experience desired.
Years of Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in a senior level HR advisory or Human Capital consulting role
- Strong consultative skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.) with proven track record of leading change and complex program management.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic talent initiatives from both within the Deloitte member firm environment and / or through external consulting projects
- Solid practical knowledge of talent management disciplines, such as: performance management, succession planning, talent planning, competency development, compensation, employee relations, talent analytics.
- Excellent strategic thinker, with demonstrated experience in strategy development, translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans, and executing initiatives at an operational level with a willingness to be "hands-on" and involved
- Exceptionally strong project manager who can balance the detail with strategic thinking; able to design and take initiatives from abstract to concrete. Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands: prioritizing workload, managing projects and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills; capable of building effective working relationships with internal stakeholders across multiple business areas, functions, and geographies, serve as a consensus builder, negotiator, influencer of senior leadership, and motivator to ensure team members adhere to and support team vision and goals.
- Proven leadership and executive presence as demonstrated in confidence, courage, ability to influence/persuade, agility, visibility and approachability, professional judgment (including practical approach, appropriate risk taking and political savvy).
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Ability to navigate a global, matrixed, and mostly virtual environment for effective outcomes.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Strong demonstration of analytical skills and ability to prepare executive ready materials that "inform and influence decisions of senior leaders.
- High degree of endurance, responsiveness, and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work, and quickly adapt to constantly varying priorities and subject matter.
- High comfort level in ambiguous situations; able to learn quickly and exercise judgment in situations where data may be elusive.
- Prior management experience and demonstrated achievement leading teams of 5+ people in a virtual environment
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), experience with proven use of project management tools with strong attention to detail.
Requisition code: DE18GLBGOP006LM0005
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top