Heat Writer - New York
Heat is a full-service creative agency that believes in the power of surprise to build brands, solve problems, and kindly take over the world. Headquartered in San Francisco and with an office in New York, Heat brings to life traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of brands. We are an internationally recognized award-winning agency, garnering over 40 awards in 2016 and nine Cannes Lions to our credit. In 2016, Heat was named the Effie's Most Effective Independent Agency in North America and is one of the only advertising agencies to be named "Best Places to Work" in San Francisco. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We're growing, and seeking a Writer in the creative department.
What you'll do
Our future Writer is a great storyteller as well as a great headline writer. They must show composure under pressure, be solution-orientated, and a collaborative partner to fellow Heaters and vendors alike. Our future Writer shares our passion for creativity and innovation and is also an all-around good person. We like good people.
In your role, you will:
- Concept, present, and sell through creative presentations, which tie together multimedia channels and customer experiences.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and see through the execution of creative ideas from concept through tactical production tasks, ensuring the highest level of quality.
- Collaborate with teams of art directors, designers, producers, strategists, media, and developers to create smart and surprising creative solutions to solve our client's marketing challenges by putting the consumer at the center of the experience.
- Be solution-oriented in the face of challenges.
- Stay current on trends, culture, and events; bring inspiring external insight into the work that you do with us; and have a natural curiosity for data.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management, and multi-tasking abilities, being able to independently meet deadlines, including internal check-ins.
- Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit.
- 3+ years agency experience
- Experience with production of integrated campaigns and social media
- Excellent portfolio showcasing storytelling, conceptual, and executional skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced agency culture, with the flexibility to change gears for different clients
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good sense of humor and plays nice with others
At Heat, we develop traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of consumer and B2B brands at the leading edge of today's client marketing challenges. You'll work with kind, smart, hardworking people (if we do say so ourselves) who care about the work we create. Learn more about Heat.
How you'll grow
At Heat, we focus on helping people at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level to senior leadership, we believe there's always room to grow. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, and work alongside industry-leading talent on a daily basis. Our Heaters have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
About Heat's relationship with Deloitte Digital
We've recently joined forces with Deloitte Digital to offer our award-winning creative services to allow brands to realize their ambitions at a larger scale.
At Heat, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and our partnership with Deloitte offers employees a broad range of benefits. We'll see you at the benefits meeting. Learn more about what working at Heat can mean for you.
Heat's culture stems directly from our philosophy. And if you enjoy philosophy, you can read ours here. If you're more of a math and sciences person and think philosophy is nothing more than a class you avoided in college, that's fine too.
Heat in the Community
Heat's purpose is to make an impact. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that we have the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Requisition code: E18NYCCSTGZ011-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top