Heat Senior Manager of Social and Digital Content - San Francisco
Heat & Deloitte Digital have combined to form the worlds first creative digital consultancy. We are a full-service creative shop that believes in the power of surprise to build brands, solve problems, and kindly take over the world. Our capabilities run the gamut from advertising creative, customer and user experience to digital and social strategy, creative and production.
Headquartered in San Francisco and with an office in New York, we are an internationally recognized award-winning agency, garnering over 40 awards in 2016 and nine Cannes Lions to our credit. In 2016, Heat was named the Effie's Most Effective Independent Agency in North America and is one of the only advertising agencies to be named "Best Places to Work" in San Francisco. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We're growing, and seeking a Senior Manager for our digital and social practice.
What you'll do
The Senior Manager of Social and Digital Content will be an integral part of Heat's business outreach and pitch efforts, and will be on the front lines with senior clients at highly visible brands. The Senior Manager of Social and Digital Content will lead Heat's social media offering, The Radeator, as well as content engine, The Reactor. They will also help to integrate elements of our audience experience practice into the offering. They will play a crucial role in helping to bring the engine and other Heat offerings to Deloitte's Retail Consulting and other clients. It is imperative that this person be comfortable with high-level marketing conversations with Fortune 100 companies, a self-starter who can learn and shape our programmatic media offering, works well with others, and can lead while also do. This person must have a calm, rational, and balanced management style; and be a polished communicator with great instincts. In your role, you will:
- Serve as a thought leader, offering insights into market trends, bringing fresh ideas on the ever-changing media landscape and new distribution models
- Collaborate with Deloitte Digital and Heat teams in New York and Seattle on client engagements
- Serve as the social media and digital content strategy lead on new business pitches, driving high-level strategic discussions
- Lead the conception and development of digital content strategy and the leadership of investment, strategy and content creation teams within the department
- Pick up a designed media communications tool and turn it into a platform.
- Develop a business and operating plan for said tool, integrate it into the broader capabilities of the agency and operate it at a profit.
- Run the business plan for a creative and media programmatic engine that produces personalized digital ads and videos in real time, served up in contextually relevant environments.
- Work closely and collaboratively with clients as well as the Heat teams (account management, creative, production and media) and Deloitte teams (retail account teams)
- Help to identify and pitch Heat and Deloitte offerings to take to our Retail clients (and other industries as applicable)
- Mentor junior team members so they are able to contribute
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 15+ years of agency experience with a media or strategy background
- P&L management experience
- Fluent in the marketing technology offerings available from Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, and IBM
- Expertise with all major social media platforms is required, as is experience managing RM campaign through those platforms, as well as through ad networks and DSPs
- Experience with customer experience strategy; communications planning; service design; content strategy; CRM; marketing automation; gamification; social media; mobile; measurement & data strategy.
- Familiarity with real time marketing techniques
- A deep and proven understanding of all media channels (TV, Radio, Print, OOH, Social, Digital, Programmatic, Events, Sponsorships, New Technologies, etc.)
- Must be Mac proficient and well versed in Office Suite and Keynote
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
- Experience with new business
- Experience with both digital and broadcast production
- Able to work with large sets of data
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Dynamic, polished communicator who can win over sharp colleagues and clients
- Clever writing and compelling presentation skills
- Friendly, humble and plays well with others
At Heat, we develop traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of consumer and B2B brands at the leading edge of today's client marketing challenges. You'll work with kind, smart, hardworking people (if we do say so ourselves) who care about the work we create. Learn more about Heat.
How you'll grow
At Heat, we focus on helping people at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level to senior leadership, we believe there's always room to grow. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, and work alongside industry-leading talent on a daily basis. Our Heaters have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Heat, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and our partnership with Deloitte offers employees a broad range of benefits. We'll see you at the benefits meeting. Learn more about what working at Heat can mean for you.
Heat's culture stems directly from our philosophy. And if you enjoy philosophy, you can read ours here. If you're more of a math and sciences person and think philosophy is nothing more than a class you avoided in college, that's fine too.
Heat in the Community
Heat's purpose is to make an impact. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that we have the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Requisition code: E17SFOCSTKR041-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top