Heat Public Relations Manager - San Francisco
Heat is a full-service creative agency that believes in the power of surprise to build brands, solve problems, and kindly take over the world. Headquartered in San Francisco and with an office in New York, Heat brings to life traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of brands. We are an internationally recognized award-winning agency, garnering over 40 awards in 2016 and nine Cannes Lions to our credit. In 2016, Heat was named the Effie's Most Effective Independent Agency in North America and is one of the only advertising agencies to be named "Best Places to Work" in San Francisco. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We're growing, and seeking a Public Relations Manager in the Marketing department.
What you'll do
The Public Relations Manager will be the hub of information for all major agency news, both internally and externally. The person in this role knows exactly what's going on and when; who to talk to—both inside and outside the agency—in order to make things happen; and is comfortable talking about the agency to anyone, in any capacity. This person will work with internal stakeholders to draft and secure placement of any and all agency press. This person will also work on acquiring speaking engagements and written thought leadership opportunities for both Heat executives and senior clients.
The ideal candidate for the Public Relations Manager is comfortable in a variety of communications roles including one-on-one, on the phone, written, and speaking in front of others. He or she provides support to the Director of Marketing and will be a champion of the Heat brand. In this role, you will:
- Define and manage a media relations strategy to help build the agency's reputation through media coverage, events, awards, jury slots, and speaking engagements.
- Foster relationships with reporters and media publications, both inside and outside the advertising industry.
- Secure press and earned media for the agency, our work, and our clients.
- Create a consistent pipeline of media coverage.
- Execution of materials to fill the media coverage pipeline, including press releases,
bylines, talking points, and any materials relating to agency or campaign news; including client specific industry news.
- Facilitate approval of media outreach materials between agency leadership, and client services team.
- Ownership over Heat's social media channels, working with the social media team
to create content that is meaningful to an audience of prospective clients and
talent, as well as current employees.
- Run weekly meetings with agency leadership to report on progress, opportunities,
Executive Communications, Internal Communications, and Agency Awards
- Work with Director of Talent to foster clear internal agency communications, both to new hires and long-term employees.
- Work with Executive Team and Agency Directors to create regular team-building events.
- Work with Director of Marketing to strategize and execute executive communications initiatives, both inside and outside the agency.
- Facilitate and manage opportunities for Heat's agency leaders to secure speaking engagements, both within the advertising community and for business development.
- Develop a plan to manage and curate client and executive experiences at industry events.
- Manage submissions for client and agency-related industry awards; connecting award submissions with judging and speaking opportunities at each show.
- Collaborate with Deloitte and Deloitte Digital communications teams for major event execution, campaign development, and year-round joint brand planning.
At Heat, we develop traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of consumer and B2B brands at the leading edge of today's client marketing challenges. You'll work with kind, smart, hardworking people (if we do say so ourselves) who care about the work we create. Learn more about Heat.
- Minimum of 3 years agency experience in a communications or public relations role.
- A portfolio of success pitching and developing relationships with reporters, media outlets, and event content managers.
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel and social media outlets
- 5+ years of solid account management experience at an advertising agency or third-party partner public relations experience
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, or English preferred.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication that is well organized, logical and persuasive
- Ability to learn new technologies and platforms quickly is a plus
- Knowledge of Cision or other media databases a plus
- Good sense of humor and a fun-loving, work hard/play hard approach
How you'll grow
At Heat, we focus on helping people at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level to senior leadership, we believe there's always room to grow. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, and work alongside industry-leading talent on a daily basis. Our Heaters have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
About Heat's relationship with Deloitte Digital
We've recently joined forces with Deloitte Digital to offer our award-winning creative services to allow brands to realize their ambitions at a larger scale.
At Heat, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and our partnership with Deloitte offers employees a broad range of benefits. We'll see you at the benefits meeting. Learn more about what working at Heat can mean for you.
Heat's culture stems directly from our philosophy. And if you enjoy philosophy, you can read ours here. If you're more of a math and sciences person and think philosophy is nothing more than a class you avoided in college, that's fine too.
Heat in the Community
Heat's purpose is to make an impact. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that we have the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Requisition code: E18SFOCSTCG006-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top