Heat Brand Strategy Director - San Francisco
Heat is a full-service creative agency that believes in the power of surprise to build brands, solve problems, and kindly take over the world. Headquartered in San Francisco and with an office in New York, Heat brings to life traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of brands. We are an internationally recognized award-winning agency, garnering over 40 awards in 2016 and nine Cannes Lions to our credit. In 2016, Heat was named the Effie's Most Effective Independent Agency in North America and is one of the only advertising agencies to be named "Best Places to Work" in San Francisco. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We're growing, and seeking a Brand Strategy Director in the Brand Strategy Department.
What you'll do
The Brand Strategy Director at Heat works directly with creative teams, media and the account management group, leading day-to-day strategic planning on two of the agencies key accounts. We're looking for someone who can help our clients' turn business strategy into compelling marketing and advertising strategy. Within the agency, we're looking for someone who can deliver smart, inspiring insights and champion terrific creative in a fast-paced, yet laid back environment. In your role, you will:
- Lead strategic development and guide the client business in partnership with the Account Director
- Be an expert on the business you will lead
- Function as a team player with regard to agency and client relations, working closely with creative, account and media teams to bring the best ideas to life
- Interface and collaborate with other departments to develop new and innovative strategic offerings
- Provide guidance to clients on qualitative and quantitative research
- Serve as a leader, advisor, and mentor to the Strategy team, while also rolling up your sleeves, writing strategic briefs and doing other hands-on work
- Oversee and write creative briefs, insight videos, consumer journeys and communications plans
- Document key insights, findings, and recommendations based on research; and develop strategies for implementation
- Identify the consumer journey; and the best places to reach the consumer as well as the cultural implications of the consumer
- During campaign development, inform the media channels the creative should live in, in order to meet business goals
- Create a measurement plan for analyzing success of the campaigns
- Create a timeline for how a campaign rolls out, its cadence, and evolution
- 8+ years strategy experience at a forward-thinking agency, including previous management experience
- Experience with communications planning: digital, social, influencer partnerships, native content, broadcast, digital, OOH and print
- Clever writing and compelling presentation skills
- Experienced with established qualitative and quantitative research techniques and possesses an excitement for inventing new, un-established research techniques
- Proficiency in Keynote
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Research/reporting tools: MRI, Simmons, Nielsen @Plan, comScore, Google Analytics, Brand Index
- Competitive tools: Ad Relevance, Competitrack, and Ad Views
- Dynamic, polished communicator who can win over sharp colleagues and clients
- Friendly, humble, and plays well with others
At Heat, we develop traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of consumer and B2B brands at the leading edge of today's client marketing challenges. You'll work with kind, smart, hardworking people (if we do say so ourselves) who care about the work we create. Learn more about Heat.
How you'll grow
At Heat, we focus on helping people at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level to senior leadership, we believe there's always room to grow. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, and work alongside industry-leading talent on a daily basis. Our Heaters have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
About Heat's relationship with Deloitte Digital
We've recently joined forces with Deloitte Digital to offer our award-winning creative services to allow brands to realize their ambitions at a larger scale.
At Heat, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and our partnership with Deloitte offers employees a broad range of benefits. We'll see you at the benefits meeting. Learn more about what working at Heat can mean for you.
Heat's culture stems directly from our philosophy. And if you enjoy philosophy, you can read ours here. If you're more of a math and sciences person and think philosophy is nothing more than a class you avoided in college, that's fine too.
Heat in the community
Heat's purpose is to make an impact. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that we have the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Requisition code: E18SFOCSTCG015-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top