Heat Associate Creative Director (Art) - New York
Heat is a full-service creative agency that believes in the power of surprise to build brands, solve problems, and kindly take over the world. Headquartered in San Francisco and with an office in New York, Heat brings to life traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of brands. We are an internationally recognized award-winning agency, garnering over 40 awards in 2016 and nine Cannes Lions to our credit. In 2016, Heat was named the Effie's Most Effective Independent Agency in North America and is one of the only advertising agencies to be named "Best Places to Work" in San Francisco. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We're growing, and seeking an Associate Creative Director (Art) for our San Francisco office.
What you'll do
The Associate Creative Director (Art) is a great storyteller as well as a great emerging leader. They must show composure under pressure, be solution-orientated, and a collaborative partner to fellow Heaters and clients alike. Our future Associate Creative Director shares our passion for creativity and innovation and is also an all-around good person. We like good people. In your role, you will:
- Concept, present and sell through creative presentations, which tie together multimedia channels and customer experiences; as well as oversee more junior staff as they contribute to said creative campaigns.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and see through the execution of creative ideas from concept through tactical production tasks, ensuring the highest level of quality and adherence to brand strategy.
- Assist our Creative Directors in mentoring and training junior art directors, designers and interns.
- Independently lead design, photography explorations, and branding projects as needed.
- Be an active member of not only the creative department, but the agency as a whole by contributing to agency culture and holding a firm understanding of each department's role.
- Garner and maintain strong relationships with partners in-house and out of the agency: including Directors, Editors, Voice Talent etc.
- Participate in new business efforts as directed.
- Stay current on trends, culture, and events; bring inspiring external insight into the work that you do with us; and have a natural curiosity for data.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management, and multi-tasking abilities, being able to independently meet deadlines, including internal check-ins.
- Be solution-oriented in the face of challenges.
- Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit.
At Heat, we develop traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of consumer and B2B brands at the leading edge of today's client marketing challenges. You'll work with kind, smart, hardworking people (if we do say so ourselves) who care about the work we create. Learn more about Heat.
- 8+ years of agency experience.
- Experience with new business.
- Excellent portfolio showcasing storytelling, conceptual, and executional skills in integrated campaigns.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree preferred.
- Solid presentation skills and demonstrated ability to run a meeting.
- Excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced agency culture, with the flexibility to change gears for different clients.
- Good sense of humor and plays nice with others.
How you'll grow
At Heat, we focus on helping people at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level to senior leadership, we believe there's always room to grow. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, and work alongside industry-leading talent on a daily basis. Our Heaters have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
About Heat's relationship with Deloitte Digital
We've recently joined forces with Deloitte Digital to offer our award-winning creative services to allow brands to realize their ambitions at a larger scale.
At Heat, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and our partnership with Deloitte offers employees a broad range of benefits. We'll see you at the benefits meeting. Learn more about what working at Heat can mean for you.
Heat's culture stems directly from our philosophy. And if you enjoy philosophy, you can read ours here. If you're more of a math and sciences person and think philosophy is nothing more than a class you avoided in college, that's fine too.
Heat in the Community
Heat's purpose is to make an impact. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that we have the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Requisition code: E18NYCCSTGZ009-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top