Health Information Technology-Health Provider Senior Consultant
Systems Integration: Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment. Deloitte's SI Capability maintains a strong focus on structuring, managing, and implementing complex technical solutions requiring deep business expertise, process optimization, and business operations knowledge to achieve significant and measurable business value
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results. Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Health Care Providers
Many Providers have felt the heavy impact of various government regulations and have experienced a period of decreasing margins and increasing emphasis on cost controls. Our healthcare professionals enable health care providers (from physicians to integrated delivery systems) to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of their care delivery capabilities. Deloitte Consulting can help clients address these and other challenges in today's complex health care environment.
Essential attributes of a functionally focused Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Consultant at Deloitte functions as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. A Consultant gains exposure to multiple industries while demonstrating an awareness of the full breadth of services offered by Deloitte Consulting LLP. Responsibilities include defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementation.
Sr. Consultants in Health Information Technology are required to have:
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in translating requirements into optimized designs, and identifying design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance and operations
- Experience with various phases of the healthcare implementation lifecycle, from system selection, to implementation sequencing and planning, project management, application & technical design, interface& data conversion, application build, environment management, testing, go live planning, etc. Project managers who have led projects through some or all of these phases are highly desired.
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Have obtained one of the following formal qualifications:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Certificate in Requirements Engineering or Business Analysis from the Information Systems Exam Board (ISEB)
- Experience conducting interviews with key stakeholders to understand and document the current business process
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design sessions
- Experience defining future state business process
- Exposure to one or more of the following methodologies: CMM, CMMI, Six Sigma, PMBOK
- Exposure to TOGAF (or other architecture framework)
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCBB201-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top