HANA BI Senior Analyst – Deloitte Global
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
- Sound understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Experience in development / implementation of SAP BW objects
- Ability to understand customer requirements and support project team in creating technical specification
- Ability to design/develop SAP BW data models (Cubes, DSOs & Multiproviders, SPOs)
- Ability to create, understand, debug & modify ABAP routines & customer exits involved in SAP BW
- Experience in support activities like process chain monitoring, handling data load failures and incident resolution
- Experience in performance tuning of data upload and reports
- Analyzes, designs, and recommends third-party tools and custom applications. Analyzes required functionality and implements customizations to platforms or develops custom solutions to fulfill business requirements.
- Reviews other developers work to ensure solutions are aligned to architectural specifications and design. Investigates and corrects reported issues against existing software. Recommends performance improvements including tuning, or process changes.
- Collaborates with team members to understand business requirements and create clear, technical specifications outlining the specific enhancement or functionality required. Supplies estimations, status updates, and escalations to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Provides on-going support to business and content teams managing sites on strategic technology platform.
- Provide technical oversight to project delivery team members.
- Lead configuration management including source code control, build automation and development of deployment scripts and instructions.
- Develops and maintains testing scenarios and prepares necessary test data for thorough unit and integration testing results. Maintains source control, version control, and defect tracking systems.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The key skills required are as follows:
- Candidate should have at least 1 year experience in HANA data modeling.
- Work experience in designing HANA views like Analytical Views, Attribute Views and Calculation Views
- Work experience in HANA joins.
- Basic experience in HANA SQL procedures and triggers
- Good understanding in HANA Analytical privileges
- Exposer in defining HANA hierarchies
- At least 3+ years experience in SAP BW development, configuration or support.
- Implementation experience in SAP BW
- Experience with at least 3 full SAP Implementation project life cycle experience with solid demonstrated expertise in managing implementation projects of SAP technologies.
- Strong data modeling skills to define BW objects like SPO, DSO, MD object, Process chains and Open Hubs
- In-depth knowledge of multi-dimensional analytical modeling.
- Monitor Data load activities and recover failures in Production.
- Support experience in terms of solving critical and high-prioritized tickets to meet SLA's
- Work experience to deal with SAP and non-SAP source systems
- Good BW-ABAP coding skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Working knowledge in connection data migration tools like data services and third-party systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in BI reporting tools like Web Intelligence, Design Studio etc.,
- Experience in BEx analyzer, BEx Query Designer
- Experience in SAP and non-SAP systems connectivity
- Strong design experience in DS objects like Data stores, Jobs, work flows, data flows and transformations
- Deep knowledge in exception handling
- Work experience in job debugging and analyze data load failures
- Strong data services coding skills to write transformation routines, functions and procedures
- In-depth understanding of various load process steps to connect multiple target systems
- Well understanding of CMC and its monitoring process
Requisition code: DE17USAGTS004SY0021
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top