Guidewire Senior Consultant
Systems Integration: Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment. Deloitte’s SI Capability maintains a strong focus on structuring, managing, and implementing complex technical solutions requiring deep business expertise, process optimization, and business operations knowledge to achieve significant and measurable business value
Deloitte Consulting’s technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients’ business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world’s leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients’ business issues.
Financial Services Practice – Insurance
As leaders in providing professional services to the insurance industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by globalization, advances in technology, regulatory changes, competition and the changing demands of their customers.
Our national cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,050 professionals, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, enterprise risk, tax, actuarial, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of insurance companies. Our clients range in size from global to middle market insurers and include life insurers, property and casualty insurers, reinsurers and brokers.
Systems Development Practice:
The Systems Development Practice delivers and deploys custom developed applications for our clients, including prototyping, code development, modularization, unit testing, performance testing, configuration and defect management, and production deployment.
Essential functions of a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte works within an engagement team and is responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Senior Consultants in the System Development practice are required to have:
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams
- A minimum of 2 full system development life cycle implementations
- At least 2 years of experience with solution development and application architecture with JEE or .Net.
- At least 2 years of business process analysis, mapping, and design.
- At least 2 years of experience in requirements analysis and performing current state system analysis
- At least 2 years of performing conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- A willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Testing, including all phases: System, Integration, and Performance Testing and ensuring traceability
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle
- Experience with Middleware and/or SOA based implementations.
- Experience with methodologies including, but not limited to, Agile, RUP, or Waterfall
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
Requisition code: E17NATCSRCKJ209-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top