Group Information Services — GIS User Support — IT Intern
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 200,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
Deloitte’s professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you’ll develop at Deloitte. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Group Information Services (GIS) provides Information Communication Technology services to the Deloitte Southern African firms. These are based in South Africa, Botswana and Namibia. The Head Office is based in Woodlands with Regional Offices in the following cities:
- Cape Town
- East London
- Port Elizabeth
- Richards Bay
GIS has capacity to support the firm in the areas of Enterprise Architecture & Strategy, Information Security, Enterprise Business Services (Applications and Databases), Business Technology Infrastructure ( Data and Voice Networks, Server Infrastructure), End User Computing with a Service Desk and a Project Management Office. A CRM function maintains and fosters relationships between GIS and the business.
About the Job
The internship program has been successfully run in the GIS USS area for a number of years. This has mostly resulted In these staff members becoming permanent employees within the business ( not just GIS)
- It is effectively a 6 month job interview in which Deloitte gets the opportunity to select the best of the best to stay on.
- Provides opportunity to those less fortunate to grow in workplace experience and confidence
- Very cost effective resource to hire to assist with IT support – much less than standard IT Technicians.
- Assist in answering the over 7000 interactions with the JHB service desk per month
- Provide telephonic/ walk -in support to Deloitte staff.
- Assist in setting up new hire machines.
- Help address the current situation where the current staff are working many hours overtime due to not having enough staff in the support area. If staff are off ill or out of office, this has an even more serious impact on service delivery for the area. Having an intern allows the staff to focus on the more important tasks.
Requisition code: ZA129187VD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top