Government Pricing Calcs Operations Leader - Associate 8
CIS by Deloitte is a leading life sciences consulting firm specializing in compliance and commercial strategies for pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies, from clinical, through manufacturing, commercial contracting, commercial compliance programs, and Government Programs. CIS by Deloitte has a proven history of exceeding expectations and providing the highest quality client deliverables. We continually offer new services and solutions that align with our clients' strategic priorities, compliance program needs and in support of their contract management programs.
CIS by Deloitte's Government Program Service offers a unique "service based approach" for pharmaceutical manufacturers, combining staff augmentation with our proprietary systems to meet a manufacturer's Government Programs statutory price reporting requirements. CIS by Deloitte was the first to market with this approach, and it has become a great strategy for companies where the cost of implementing expensive software and finding sufficient staff expertise was not an option. The growth of the service offering has had a lot to do with CIS by Deloitte's amazing growth over the past several years. Companies of all types and sizes recognize the importance of Government Pricing (GP) Compliance, and the risks of non-compliance, and know that the calculations must be automated, auditable and repeatable. For more information, visit www.deloitte.com/CIS.
Due to our continued growth, CIS by Deloitte currently has an open position for a Government Pricing Calculations Leader. The Government Pricing Calculations Leader role is to successfully manage and review all periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) GP pricing, statutory and contractual state reporting requirements for CIS by Deloitte's clients within mandated timelines. In this role, the Government Pricing Calculations Leader is also responsible for the development of the assigned Analysts and Managers to continue building their knowledge of Government Pricing Calculations, Customer Database/Domain maintenance and Commercial Contracting by actively participating in company sponsored training programs and developing a learning plan. The Government Pricing Calculations Leader must be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within a GP and Commercial Contracting discipline including CMS government pricing for Medicaid, Medicare Part B, Federal Supply Schedule and DOD Contracting including statutory calculations, Medicaid state program contracting and rebating, Public Health Service (PHS/340B) regulations and pricing and contractual state reporting.
The Government Pricing Calculations Leader is accountable for the service provided to multiple pharmaceutical companies to ensure timely and accurate calculation of government prices utilized for federal drug reimbursement. The Government Pricing Calculations Leader is a SME that other Operations team members may query and receive advice and guidance with questions in their area of expertise. The Operations Manager/Director may be called upon to present internal training as well as join the Government Pricing Calculations Leader team to serve on a panel or present within the area of expertise at GP conferences. The Government Pricing Calculations Leader will also be utilized within Operations as a SME to assist software development to meet ever changing regulations within GP.
- Manage ongoing client relationships (interface w/ clients to resolve specific issues)
- Review and approve all client billings
- Serve as single point of contact to client base and manage utilization of the CIS by Deloitte resources for client issues
- Calculate and file appropriate prices for the federal drug programs. Prices include, BP, AMP, ASP, PHS/340B, NFAMP, FCP/FSS, IFF, TriCare and Medicare Part D.
- Lead, review and approve price calculation reporting with client
- Oversee the analysis and review of the monthly and quarterly source data reconciliation and sales data used in price reporting calculations and ensure reports are submitted in accordance with government regulations
- Responsible for maintaining valid customer Class of Trades assignments in accordance with regulations.
- Ensure that 340B/PHS prices are calculated, available for pricing and maintained per the federal regulation
- Lead price calculation and/or restatement efforts, as needed.
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop government program Analysts/Managers.
Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelors required in finance, accounting or other applicable business experience. Masters degree preferred.
- 10+ years in Pharmaceutical industry working with state and federal pricing, reporting, and rebate programs is required. 7 years experience mentoring staff and 10 years overall experience in professional, operational environment.
- Experience in working in mandated deadline environment; effective in managing multiple client assignments; ability to prioritize.
- Additional expectation is to continually build detailed subject matter expertise in area of government program regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High accuracy rate and attention to detail; ability to produce client-ready deliverables to a high-level executive/professional client base.
- Experience leading/mentoring a cross functional team of government program analysts.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products required and knowledge of advance Excel techniques such as pivot tables and data importing is desired.
- Experience in and ability to learn standard industry systems environment
- Able to manage multiple and competing tasks across functional areas is essential.
- Experience achieving and maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal, and operational rules and procedures by ensuring that all plans and activities are met with "best" industry practices.
Requisition code: E18NATEMGRGT022-CIS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top