Governance, Risk & Compliance Analyst
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Governance, Risk & Compliance Analyst
Preferred Locations: Hermitage/Nashville, TN or Arlington, VA
This role supports the programs of ITS (Information Technology Services) Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) which include risk management, compliance management, assessments, and security awareness. This position is specifically responsible for understanding and assessing security, confidentiality/privacy, and operational risks related to solutions of third party providers. Assessments and controls include those relevant to laws, regulations, and industry security standards. Security awareness and training activities will also be a component of this position.
- Conduct information security assessments of third party vendors to determine their ability to protect confidential data.
- Enhance risk/vulnerability assessment programs and questionnaires to aid in the identification and mitigation of security risks.
- Identify and document information security vulnerabilities and risks in the information technology environment.
- Evaluate identified vulnerabilities and risks, working with business owners, risk management, and vendor representatives
- Identify tasks necessary to remediate identified vendor risks and vulnerabilities; negotiate dates for remediation to be complete
- Track progress on remediation of identified risks and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate reporting to constituents
- Monitor appropriate sources for newly identified vulnerabilities, evaluate the risk such vulnerabilities pose to the organization's information and systems, and advise management of appropriate measures to eliminate or reduce the organization's risk or exposure to such vulnerabilities.
- Monitor appropriate industry sources to maintain awareness of new security tools and techniques and research those tools and techniques that have the potential to improve the organization's ability to protect its information and infrastructure.
- Assist in the development of appropriate information security policies, standards, procedures, checklists, and guidelines using generally-recognized security concepts tailored to meet the requirements of the organization.
- Maintain expertise in identifying security risks in the hardware, software, and systems used by the organization.
- Participate in appropriate opportunities continuing education, seminars, participation in field-related professional organizations, and so on to remain current on developments in information security profession.
- Ensure that identified risks are managed in accordance with the Risk Management program.
- Participate in security awareness activities to include developing awareness messaging, coordinating awareness events and attending awareness meetings.
- Bachelor's degree. (e.g., Information Security, Information Protection, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Management) or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications
- Industry certification preferred (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CRISC, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with information technology security programs, audits, assessments, risk, or remediation management
- Familiarity with privacy laws, data protection/security regulations, and frameworks, such as BITS, COBIT, and ISO27002
- Experience with RSA Archer Vendor Management tool and SharePoint Administration a plus
- Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, project management, etc.)
- Negotiation skills needed to obtain commitments to remediate risks and vulnerabilities from leadership of Deloitte and non-Deloitte personnel
- Excellent communication, listening and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management and related organizational skills, including appropriate sense of urgency, a proactive approach, and a suitable ability to anticipate and manage project lifecycle events, issues and obstacles
- Able to identify and document specific security issues, propose resolution options, and interpret matters from the perspective of involved stakeholders
Requisition code: E18NATSASCBJ122-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top