Governance, Risk & Compliance Analyst
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Governance, Risk & Compliance Analyst
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
This role supports the programs of ITS (Information Technology Services) Risk & Compliance which include client inquiries, security contracts, risk management, and compliance management. This position is specifically responsible for responding to client inquiries in relation to Deloitte's non-proprietary security controls and helping with onsite visits and audits. In addition, this position will provide support for audits, including gathering and discussing evidence and managing remediation responses and activities.
- Execute tasks associated with client inquiries, client security contracts/addendums, audits, and assessments as required for client contractual, regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Work with the appropriate Cyber Security, Office of General Counsel, Risk Management, Audit, and Engagement Leaders to:
- Help determine scope of onsite visits, audits, and assessments as defined by contracts and regulatory requirements
- Represent the Cyber Security, Risk & Compliance team on input to contract requirements relating to information technology and security controls
- Provide approved responses to client inquiries and maintain library of records, documentation, and responses
- Recommend and help develop appropriate information security policies, standards, procedures, checklists, and guidelines using generally-recognized security concepts tailored to meet the requirements of the organization
- Maintain expertise in identifying security risks in the hardware, software, and systems used by the organization
- Represent Information Technology Services (ITS) in information technology assessments and/or audits of IT systems, processes, and general IT controls. Interpret results and develop and communication recommendations to management.
- Identify tasks necessary to remediate identified risks and vulnerabilities; identify those within the organization responsible remediation tasks and negotiate dates for remediation to be complete; track progress on remediation of identified risks and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate reporting to all constituents.
- Understand technology and operational risks to the Information Technology Services organization as well as related laws, regulations, and industry standards, specifically as related to internal technology solutions; work with others to help promote effective management of identified risks in accordance with the Risk Management program.
- Assess and recommend policies, standards, procedures, controls, and security solutions to assure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information technology environment.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities to remain current on developments in the information security and audit professions.
- Participate and lead special projects.
- Bachelor's degree (e.g., Information Security, Information Protection, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Management) or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- CISA, CIPP, or CISSP preferred
- 3+ years of information security experience required
- 3+ years of experience with information technology audits and assessments preferred
- Experience with Offshore Development Centers and Security Operations Centers related to operations and controls a plus
- Familiarity with privacy laws, data protection/security regulations, and frameworks, such as ISO 27001, 27002, Agreed Upon Procedures, and COBIT a plus
- Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, project management, security contracts, etc.)
- Negotiation skills needed to obtain commitments to remediate risks and vulnerabilities from leadership of other teams
- Familiar with and able to apply generally-accepted security methods, concepts and techniques
- Possess a general understanding of underlying infrastructure architecture including WANs, LANs, Internet, intranets, cloud computing, and communication protocols such as TCP, UDP, and IPSEC
- Excellent communication, listening, and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management and related organizational skills, including appropriate sense of urgency, dependability, a proactive approach, and a suitable ability to anticipate and manage multiple project lifecycle events, issues and obstacles
- Able to identify and document specific security issues, propose resolution options, and interpret matters from the perspective of involved stakeholders
- Self-starter, works with minimal supervision
Requisition code: E18NATSASCBJ107-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top