Global Technology Services (GTS) – Summer Intern 2017 – Deloitte Global
It’s your career. This is your chance to get a head start-even before you graduate. Join our group of interns and you’ll get an inside look at what it’s really like to work for a professional services organization. We’ll help you develop your talents further than you ever thought possible. Deloitte Global offers the Global Technology Services (GTS) Intern program to help your transition from college student to technology professional. GTS creates, manages, and supports technology solutions that deliver global IT capabilities to our member firms across the world.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) under the brand of “Deloitte” is an organization of independent member firms that employs more than 225,000 people in over 150 countries around the world. Deloitte, one of the world’s leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to clients across the world. Known as an employer of choice for innovative human resources programs, the firm is dedicated to helping its clients and its people excel.
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
More experience in less time
You’ll pack a lot into 10 short weeks. Learn first-hand how GTS enhances cross border execution, protects and enhances the Deloitte brand, provides consistent delivery of world class services to key strategic clients and elevates the focus and commitment to the middle market. You will be aligned with a business area where you will have the opportunity to work directly with our internal clients providing services designed to help them solve their most complex business and technology problems. You’ll work hard and have lots of fun too!
During your Global Technology Services internship, you could work one of the following business areas:
Business Solutions Group (BSG)
- Enables our customers and clients to achieve their strategies through applying innovative technology solutions to turn their vision into reality
- Identify and apply emerging technologies, BSG builds global capabilities and provides game-changing solutions for Deloitte professionals
- Develops custom products, applications, business analysis, and services for Deloitte’s professionals globally
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Manages our technology vision, strategy, roadmap, and standards
- Architect, Engineer, and operate the IT infrastructure for global projects and services
- Supports Deloitte’s global telecommunications, videoconferencing, email, and cloud solutions
Project Management Office (PMO)
- Manages the portfolio of global IT projects to ensure quality, on-time, and on-budget delivery
- Provides best practices and support of world-class project management delivery for developed products and services
- Deliver services that pertain to methodologies and tools used to optimize global project management practices
- Drives deployment of strategic projects with member firms
- Develops relationships with member firms in order to deliver technology transformation through communications, change management, IT readiness, alignment of strategic priorities, and adoption
Global Information Security Office (GISO)
- Provides a holistic approach to information security management
- Serves as a trusted advisor to Deloitte Global and member firms
- Protects Deloitte and client information through industry-leading cyber defense strategies, cross border security, and laptop and mobile device protection
- Protects Deloitte’s reputation and information through:
- Comprehensive threat monitoring and analysis
- Rapid response to security incidents
- Design of cost-effective mitigation strategies
- Raising the overall awareness level of practitioners
- Determines how to advise, communicate, and develop operational standards and metrics for the diverse activities within GTS
- Enables GTS to secure the funding, resources, and communication necessary to deliver exceptional value
- Responsible for Finance, HR, Learning, Talent, Communications, and Performance Metrics and Analytics to ensure technology professionals have the resources they need to succeed
Shared Technology Services (STS)
- Empowers global member firms by delivering leading-edge, consistent, and high-quality solutions that drive business value
- Standardizing critical services and enhancing IT capabilities worldwide
Support every step of the way
We want to give you a true taste of life at Deloitte. That means you’ll receive a lot of support-from the start. You’ll be guided by onboarding advisors who can help you learn more about Deloitte and your opportunities-in our organization. Also, they’ll offer feedback and help you further define your career goals. You’ll find our people are energetic, enthusiastic, involved and always willing to help.
What it takes
If you’re ready to participate in the Global Technology Services Internship Program, we’re ready to talk. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Candidate for a Bachelor degree in a technology related major
- Strong academic track record (minimum 3.2 GPA)
- Interested in a career in business technology
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and leadership potential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to reside in the Chicago, IL / Nashville, TN / or Glen Mills, PA area for the duration of the internship (June-August 2017)
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Requisition code: DS17CHIGTS002SY25
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top