Global Technology Architect Manager
Based on the need for Global Tax and Legal to continue driving specific global technologies, there is always the potential opportunity to better our development standards and architecture around the globe that can provide world class solutions to our clients.
As Deloitte we are building the next generation tax platform (platform-as-a-service) capabilities and suite of tax modules (software-as-a-service) for tax practitioners and clients. By having a dedicated Global Architect this will help drive progress on a day to day basis allowing them to focus on; planning, visioning and coordinating the global infrastructure needs for Global Tax and Legal delivery while also helping to design world-class enterprise solutions.
This role will also help drive speed to market for time sensitive opportunities and regulatory changes. The Global Architect will be responsible for engaging with Member Firms (MF's), Cross Functional Technology Groups and Stakeholders to assess and meet their technology needs through an integrated platform approach. The ideal candidate will need to be both a team player as well as a strong, hard-charging individual contributor in a rapidly changing environment. We are looking for flexible and adaptive professionals who can inspire and motivate their teams with their positive attitude and technical and business acumen.
Being part of the architecture team, your experience will be highly leveraged in shaping the future technical strategy of both the platform and tax as a whole. You will be responsible for driving forward strategic initiatives representing the solution architecture and helping champion solutions for our Tax Service Lines and business.
- Own the solution architecture for capabilities associated with DTTL Tax strategic initiatives.
- Participate in strategic discussions with key business stakeholders, facilitating consensus regarding technical direction when required in order to move initiatives forward.
- Define and document future state integrated tax platform strategy and high-level solution roadmap, taking into consideration any relevant, current MF / Global Deloitte technology options for future solutions.
- Create designs that are consistent with architectural principles, standards, and best practices, leveraging and adopting solution patterns as appropriate.
- Perform research and development and prototyping activities, either directly or in an oversight capacity in order to manage risk and to validate technology options & approach as necessary.
- Provide input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, Engineering, Business or a related field
- 6+ years related experience in technology architecture & design; IT consulting services to clients in external or internal facing situations a plus
- Key knowledge and skillsets on IT infrastructure, architecture and development background
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple IT project teams & delivering according to project timelines and budget
- Thorough understanding of the design process, product management principles and client relationship management
- Past experience with Agile project management experience (Scrum, Backlog management & prioritization, Change Management, etc.)
- Ability to help shape technical vision for products and solutions by creating user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ability to conduct feature planning sessions with Product Owners and Stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Summarization skills to convey status reports and key impacts to leadership
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005CB0328
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top