Global Strategy Consultant Intern
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Deloitte Global Strategy team is responsible for informing our strategies, developing corporate and global business unit strategies, and helping to monitor strategy execution globally and across key businesses and geographies. The Global Strategy team uses rigorous fact-based, quantitative analysis to identify and prioritize strategic business issues for Deloitte, and works both top-down and bottoms-up across key business units and geographic regions to chart the strategic direction of the global network, global businesses, and member firms.
The Consultant Intern is responsible for supporting the development of network, business, and MF strategies by scanning the external environment for opportunities and threats, identifying new strategic issues, and defining implications including potential course corrections to the global strategy. The Consultant will assist in the identification of breakthrough opportunities in support of the global services portfolio and business model, and our global growth ambitions.
The Global Strategy Consultant Intern reports to the Strategy Senior Manager or Associate Director, with frequent interaction with the Global Leader of Strategy & Growth, the Global Chief Strategy Officer, and other senior leaders across the Global network.
We are looking for an intern to start March of 2017 through September of 2017.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Research solutions, frameworks, and methodologies to address specific project needs
- Conduct external and internal research using primary and secondary sources; identify and verify the most accurate, appropriate sources which with to develop fact-based
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis including external market sizing
- Inform analytical frameworks to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems
- Assess the worldwide professional services marketplace to help senior Leaders understand Deloitte’s competitive position (successes, challenges, opportunities, and risks)
- Help assess potential investments, strategic partnerships, and/or M&A activities that help realize global strategies
- Concurrently deliver on portions of multiple strategy projects in a fast-paced, intense, results-oriented environment
- Develop effective working relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Support and execute large, complicated projects with multiple stakeholders and help coordinate strategy discussions with senior Leaders
- Support senior Leaders on long range planning projects and ad hoc requests
- Provide ongoing support to the Strategy team and key clients
- Develop and share content for presentations and reports, as well as supporting analytics, for the DTTL CEO and senior management and oversight committees, as required
- Maintain team’s online repositories and network lists, and respond to related requests for information
Outstanding academic background: undergraduate degree with rigorous analytical and quantitative focus
Years of Experience:
At least 2 years. Ideally, at least 1 year experience from a top tier strategy consulting firm or within a strategic planning/corporate development function in a global organization or equivalent MBA degree.
- Knowledge of strategy development and competitive strategy
- Outstanding research and analytical skills: ability to synthesize large sets of data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
- Strong quantitative skills, particularly building complex Excel models Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills required, relational database experience (e.g., Access, Cognos, SAP) a plus
- Critical thinking skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to summarize and convey key insights from analyses in presentations and emails to senior team members
- High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to be self-directed and responsive
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality Collegial team player who can work with a small team within a global, matrixed environment Diplomacy, poise, maturity and empathy are all key attributes for success
Requisition code: DE17NYCGOP002TG44
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top