Global Risk Sensing Analyst
Deloitte Global Risk supports and monitors the Deloitte network of member firms around the world, focusing particularly on developing programs, tools, and processes to help member firms deliver consistent, high-quality services to their clients that continuously protect, preserve, and enhance the Deloitte brand and reputation as well as proactively enable the execution of Deloitte’s strategy to be the undisputed global leader in professional services.
The Global Risk Sensing (GRS) team monitors and analyzes traditional and social media to identify and predict new or emerging risks that have the potential to impact the Deloitte network by enabling Deloitte leadership to take early and proactive steps to mitigate such risks, as well as seize opportunities that these risks may present. GRS also supports the network of Deloitte member firm risk sensing programs by providing leadership and guidance to those member firms with new or established risk sensing programs.
The GRS Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day execution of the GRS program, including ongoing media monitoring, regular communication with Deloitte Global leadership and member firms, extensive reporting on risks/trends, and assisting in further development and growth of the global risk sensing program. This role reports to the GRS Manager.
Location: The preferred location is London but will consider candidates in the Chicago or New York area.
Travel: Travel is limited to 4-6 times per year.
Note: This can either be structured as a permanent transfer or 24 month assignment (ideal for individuals who would like to gain global experience and return to their member firm when the assignment comes to an end).
This role is responsible for the following principal activities:
- Continuously analyze and monitor both traditional and social media to determine trends in potential risks to Deloitte Global, member firms, the profession, and/or competitors, while applying judgment to identify emerging risks/trends that may also have an impact.
- Structure and develop detailed search queries in support of both specific client matters, as well as enterprise and emerging risk areas.
- Create or contribute to the development of various communications, including daily risk sensing alerts, biweekly roundup reports, and other ad hoc sensing reports for various internal stakeholders as required.
- Stay up-to-date on social and traditional media trends and potential implications to GRS processes; recommend new methods to analyze media, identify trends, and optimize reporting to continuously enhance and evolve the GRS program.
- Regularly communicate and build relationships with Deloitte Global leadership, Deloitte Global business and enabling areas, and member firm representatives.
- Provide support, guidance, and advice to member firms on the development and enhancement of their risk sensing programs.
- Contribute to the identification and sharing of risk sensing best practices, and promote the adoption of consistent processes, templates, and tools across the Deloitte network.
- Support various risk sensing-related initiatives and projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Information Systems, or other business-related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a role focused in the following area(s): research, risk management, strategy consulting, regulatory/public policy, data analytics, tracking and analyzing media, and/or social media trends.
- Experience working in a professional services environment strongly preferred.
Other Qualifications & Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, strong knowledge of PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organization, analytical, and critical thinking skill-set & ability to identify trends and build meaningful connections as new information is presented.
- Flexible, with ability to work in a dynamic environment as well as juggle and prioritize many tasks and initiatives at once.
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work occasionally outside of normal business hours and on weekends, as needed.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior experience with social media monitoring tools (e.g., Synthesio, Spredfast, Sprinklr, Radian6, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing data is preferred.
- Technical writing experience a plus.
- Experience writing or working with queries with Boolean Operators a plus.
- Multilingual abilities are a plus.
Requisition code: DE17EURGOP004LN33
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top