Global Risk Senior Consultant
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Senior Consultant will work closely with DTTL Senior Managers and Directors to support a global program, ‘Member Firm Standards’. This role offers a unique opportunity to interface with senior leaders throughout the global network, enhance program management capabilities, and plan and execute global programs. This role is ideal for a versatile, top-performing Senior Consultant who would like to gain global experience and develop significant understanding of the global network. The Senior Consultant will be actively involved in program planning and execution by coordinating with DTTL Leaders, DTTL subject matter experts, and member firms as necessary.
This position will also allow the Senior Consultant to focus on member firm Risk Management assessments. The Senior Consultant will assess MF’s existing risk organization and infrastructures (resources, processes, systems) and determine areas that might require improvements or enhancements to ensure member firms are effectively and proactively identifying risks and have appropriate mitigating strategies in place.
Location: Preference is to have someone in the tri-state area but will consider candidates in other US locations where there is an existing population of Deloitte professionals.
Travel: Travel is limited to 4-6 times per year.
- Manage and execute on a large and highly complex global risk management program (planning, designing, documenting, communicating, and follow-up with multiple stakeholders)
- Develop tools, templates and guidance necessary to support the implementation of the program
- Provide oversight of project status, ensuring project milestones are met and report on program outcomes
- Conduct member firm reviews, and provide support in all monitoring activities, including follow-ups on implementation of member firm action plans
- Analyze information gathered through interviews, surveys, etc
- Liaise with business units or other resources on an as-needed basis
- Interact with senior leaders, shape and execute analyses, and prepare clear and compelling presentations for senior leadership
- Continually review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reports and tools and develop strategies for enhancement
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other business related field.
Years of Experience:
2 – 4 + years of working experience in at least one of the following area(s):
- Risk management or other risk-related areas (e.g., independence, ethics, confidentiality) OR
- Program management
Experience working in a professional services environment strongly preferred
Other Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages for the audience
- Superior Microsoft Office suite skills e.g. Excel is required
- Advanced attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a global, matrixed environment
- Ability to deliver under pressure and provide informed responses to leadership in short timeframes
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality
- Project management skills and demonstrated experience successfully working within a cross functional team
Requisition code: DE17EURGOP004LN34
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top