Global Risk Manager
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for clients and communities around the world. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports the network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Global professionals share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Global Risk Manager will work closely with Global Risk leaders and support the Member Firm Standard #4 – Risk (MFS#4) program. The Global Risk Manager will be responsible for the development of MFS #4 materials, tools, and templates, reviewing member firms’ risk management capabilities/program, including risk organization (resources, processes, systems) and development of gap analysis to determine areas that require improvements or enhancements to ensure member firms are effectively and proactively identifying risks and have appropriate mitigating strategies in place.
This role allows for international experience and offers opportunity for regular interactions with Global and member firm leaders and other subject matter experts.
This role is ideal for a versatile, top-performing manager who would like to gain global experience and develop significant understanding of the global network with a focus on quality and risk management.
Location: Location is flexible to include offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands or Canada where there is an existing population of Deloitte professionals.
Travel: Travel is limited to 4-6 times per year.
- Work with Global Risk leaders to provide management support to the MFS #4 program.
- Develop tools, templates, and guidance necessary to support implementation of the MFS #4 program.
- Participate in the review of member firms’ risk management self-assessments, including whether information is accurate and complete to support the self-assessment; perform member firm MFS#4 desktop and on-site “deep dive” reviews and work with the member firms to develop appropriate action plans resulting from the reviews.
- Track, report and monitor implementation of member firms’ action plans arising from the reviews.
- Develop global management and governance communications (presentations, talking points, scripts) for MFS #4.
- Identify program improvements and opportunities to drive greater consistency in the planning, execution and monitoring activities for the MFS #4 program.
- Provide support on other strategic and/or ad hoc projects.
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
Years of Experience:
- 3 – 5 + years of working experience in at least one of the following area(s): risk management or other risk-related areas (e.g., independence, ethics, confidentiality) or program management
- Experience working in a professional services environment strongly preferred
Other Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages for the audience
- Superior Microsoft Office suite skills and strong quantitative background required
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a global, matrixed environment
- Ability to deliver under pressure and provide informed responses to leadership in short timeframes
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality
- Ability to be self-directed and responsive
- Project management skills and demonstrated experience successfully working within a cross functional and cross-border team
Requisition code: DE17EURGOP005LN35
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top