Global Innovation Manager-Permanent or Secondment Opportunities
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Deloitte Global Innovation in collaboration with the Global Innovation Executive (GIE) identifies and then executes the global network's innovation priorities. The GIE is comprised of senior innovation leaders from over fifteen of Deloitte's country-based practices and one from each of our five business units. In FY18, the GIE will expand its efforts to digitize Deloitte working closely with the global businesses and enabling areas. FY18 priorities include:
- Advance world class sensing program to continuously identify trends, technology and business model disruptors, competitor activity, and new market entrants
- Identify and coordinate ecosystem partnerships required to successfully digitize what we offer, how we deliver and/or how we operate
- Directly support the implementation of the global business bold plays across Deloitte's five global business units (Audit, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, and Tax & Legal).
- Directly support the implementation of enabling area pilots (Data Integration and Management, Alternative Staffing Models, Knowledge Management, and Automation of Firm Financial Reporting) leveraging targeted technologies (e.g. cognitive, artificial intelligence, IOT)
There are two Manager positions available for FY18. Both roles will be dedicated to the execution of the global business bold plays and enabling area pilots. Roles report to the Innovation Senior Manager or Associate Director, with frequent interactions with the Managing Director of Innovation, the Chief Innovation Officer, and other senior leaders across Deloitte Global.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Support the execution of specific bold plays, and enabling area pilots. Provide business and technical leadership, collaborating closely with stakeholders and partners (design or technology) to fully understand their problem scope and identify the benefits and tangible returns of possible solutions. Combine industry acumen and technology trend knowledge to offer unique points of view to drive new offerings and efficiencies. Blend technology and stakeholder management skills to bring together deep technical knowledge with an understanding of the stakeholder's unique needs. Accelerate the definition, development, and support of proofs of concepts, prototyping and pilots.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business and technology issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. These projects will require the following responsibilities:
- Understanding of agile and hybrid delivery processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget.
- Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owner and concerned business partners
- Coach individuals in processes and approaches
- Help define and ensure the correct use of processes
- Estimating work effort
- Planning sprints and
- Conducting demos & retrospective meetings throughout the project
- Interprets and executes on the development of proofs of concepts, prototypes and pilots
- Allocates solution responsibility to peers, subject matter experts, guided by project leadership
- Sets expectations regarding peer and subject matter expert deliverables, timeframes, etc.
- Supports consolidation of models, assumptions, approaches, etc.
- Takes end to end view of solution, ensuring elements within their responsibility deliver against the defined outcomes, using standard components wherever possible
- Solicits targeted feedback from key stakeholder groups (e.g., member firm, business and enabling area leaders)
- Must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding gaps and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business
- Ensures solution compliance with strategic direction
- Anticipates, communicates and solutions to optimize dependencies, overlaps, staffing, etc.
- Understands and addresses senior leadership agendas
- Establishes analytical frameworks and methodologies to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve problems
- Interviews and gather data, conduct internal and external research, and generate corresponding analyses (e.g., assessment of potential ecosystem partners in cognitive)
- Develops effective working relationships with senior stakeholders (internally and externally)
- Facilitates the sharing of ideas across the global network via existing and emerging technologies and communities
- Develops content for presentations and reports, as well as supporting analytics, for the DTTL CEO, Executive, Board, and GIE, as required
- Work with key strategy stakeholder groups (e.g., member firms, business innovation leaders and teams) to develop cross-functional relationships
- Work with peers and counterparts in other parts of the Deloitte network
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Provide regular status updates and ongoing support to the team Senior Managers, Director, and Chief Innovation Officer
- Work with senior leaders across businesses, geographies, and industries
- Contribute to the success of the team by ensuring work quality of the highest level
- Outstanding academic background
- MBA from a top tier program (optional)
- Experience managing and delivering custom development or systems integration projects using Agile delivery methodology and Understanding of architectures and methodologies foundational to adapt to Agile (ie: SAFe, microservice architectures, containerization, etc)
- Experience in testing, continuous delivery and deployment using DevOps/CI (Continuous Integration) methodologies
- Experience in working with quickly establishing traceability / collaboration among project/program functional rudiments – using collaborative tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Jama Software, GIT / GitHub and ALM integrations etc.
- Experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives
- Experience of projects involving solution development based on cloud
- Experience managing work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting requirements
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes/approaches
- Excellent strategic thinker, with 5+ years of demonstrated strategic consulting or related experience in the following areas:
- Strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning
- Business case development
- Survey design and analysis
- Organizational design
- Workshop facilitation
- Change management
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
- Advanced project management, communication and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deadlines across projects, reporting to different stakeholders
- Strong quantitative and research skills
- Experience managing C and SC-level resources
- Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills
Experience / Skills - Preferred
- High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed and contribute to engagements
- Proactive and results-oriented player who wants to help build a high performance team
- Collegial team player who can work in a small team environment
- Comfortable working in a global, virtual, matrixed environment
- High degree of patience for working through multiple iterations of work, dealing with the demands of senior management, and the unpredictable and constantly varying subject matter of projects
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work effectively with and influence senior leaders
- Diplomacy, poise, maturity and empathy are all key attributes for success
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005TG0038
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top