Global Independence Manager
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) provides professional and consultative services to our member firms across the globe. We develop, drive, and support the Global Strategy and Brand for the overall Deloitte organization. Employees of DTTL work on complex business projects that connect and serve client service practitioners around the world.
The Global Independence Operations group promotes the quality, integrity, and completeness of entity, security and designation information and supporting processes and quality controls, with an emphasis on the firm's data in the various independence systems, including Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance system (DESC), Global Independence Monitoring System (GIMS), and the entity affiliate information. Results of effective and quality data management directly correlate to the firm's public trust and reputation.
This role is specifically focused on the support of the Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance (DESC) application. The individual in this position will manage a team of Research Analysts and Senior Analysts responsible for performing various research and data management activities associated with corporate entities and their affiliates.
This role will help oversee the maintenance of each Deloitte member firm's entities in the DESC system, equivalent information included in the Deloitte Global Independence Monitoring System, and entities included in the Corporate Entity Tree project within the Firm Contribution Tool (FCT). This role will require close interaction with and oversight of other members of the team, as well as providing customer support to the member firms.
- Manage staff who perform updates to the DESC, FCT, and GIMS systems in support of firm, regulatory, and professional rules and policies.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities. This includes hiring, terminations, promotions, and conducting performance assessments.
- Manage the timely update and completion of independence checks, processes, and supporting systems/databases.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Provide guidance and information to both team members and member firm central independence teams regarding complex independence matters as required.
- Coordinate quality control processes and advise member firm central independence teams on their audit clients and affiliated entities, to enhance data quality and accuracy within independence systems.
- Provide guidance to member firm central independence teams to support and improve adherence to policies and procedures.
- Interact regularly with leaders within DTTL Global Independence and other Deloitte leaders on process issues, concerns, and changes. Identify and implement best practices as related to policy and process.
- Establishes strategic goals by identifying and evaluating trends and options, choosing a course of action and evaluating outcomes. Make recommendations based on firm guidance, professional standards and acquired experience. Requires an enhanced understanding of key requirements of the DTTL network's independence policies and regulatory rules.
- Coordinate and assist member firm central independence teams in using and updating independence systems, and with the application of policy and guidance regarding entities requiring independence.
- Oversee the development of procedures and knowledge documents.
- Monitor inquiries from member firm central independence teams, delegating inquiries to team members and/or responding, as required.
- Oversee periodic review and analysis of critical independence system data to maintain accuracy.
- Execute completion of specific projects and management of ongoing operations related to the independence systems and databases.
- Conduct weekly meetings with team members to review process updates and aging items.
- As DESC continues to evolve, participate in user acceptance testing of functionality.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience:
- 5 to 10 years of related experience; prefer managerial, research, and/or regulatory experience
- Intermediate to expert skill level with standard office-productivity tools (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word) including a required knowledge of Excel data manipulation functions.
- Experience of working with SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Access a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly absorb and understand application functionality.
- Experience with performance management preferred, including project management, coaching, supervision, quality management, fostering teamwork, and providing constructive feedback.
- Exceptional data analytical skills, including the ability to identify potential issues and propose corrective actions.
- Able to build relationships globally with an awareness and respect for multicultural viewpoints
- Able to understand multiple jurisdictional requirements.
- Be a self-starter capable of managing a multinational team working on multiple deliverables.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Customer service oriented with dedication to maintaining quality.
- Confident written and oral communicator.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where priorities can quickly change.
- Willingness to travel as needed (generally infrequent; less than 5% of time).
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005CF0448
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top