Global HR - Mobility Manager
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Deloitte Global HR is currently seeking a Mobility Manager to join the Acquisition Team which is responsible for the strategic and operational acquisition and mobility support of all professionals aligned, assigned, and/or seconded to Deloitte Global across locations, business units, and member firms.
The Mobility Manager will serve as the subject matter expert on the full life-cycle processes and protocols related to a variety of secondment and assignment models, member firm locations, and Deloitte policies. In this highly consultative role, the Mobility Manager will collaborate with international and local mobility and HR teams, hiring managers, business stakeholders, and acquisition team colleagues to facilitate and manage the entire process from identification, drafting and execution of documentation, through to the secondment return.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Partner with Mobility Leader and colleagues to manage all of the processes in support of secondment and assignment roles in alignment with global mobility and business specific strategies. Actively participate in discussions with Deloitte Global and member firm leadership to land on appropriate secondment structuring, agreed-upon timing, appropriate mobility package, accurate secondment budget.
- Work under direction of Mobility Leader to provide advisory services for all Deloitte Global inbound and outbound assignments and secondments for specific business units
- Collaborate and work closely with the Global Acquisition and Global Talent Advisory teams to manage all phases of secondment arrangements (e.g. pre-secondment, on-secondment, and repatriation) and execute consistent hand-offs between recruiting, mobility, HRBP (human resource business partner), process management, and finance.
- Advise Business leaders on effective use of Global Mobility programs and strategies in support of the business' location and mobility strategy and plans
- Collaborate closely with speciality area colleagues based on proposed secondment structuring (e.g. OGC, Tax, Relocation Services, Immigration, International Accounting/Payroll, Finance, etc.), as required.
- Continually build and strengthen strong relationships with business leaders across multiple business units and member firm locations in partnership with Global Talent Advisory. Serve as a trusted business advisor and continue to gain in depth knowledge of business area.
- Build and maintain member firm mobility network to establish necessary relationships in order to flawlessly execute secondments across the organization.
- Responsible for overseeing work of aligned Mobility Logistics coordinator to ensure that all elements of secondments are fully executed on time and in proper form.
- Collaborate with Deloitte Global Mobility Leader and broader mobility team to drive process improvements, enhancements to the secondee experience, etc.
- Drive continual momentum and ensure secondments are executed in a timely fashion.
- Resolve issues by leveraging guidance and direction from Mobility Lead and Global Acquisition Leader.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Years of Experience: Typically requires 7-10 years of directly related experience including subject matter expertise in human resources or mobility (preferred). Specific experience with mobility and/or staffing for secondments highly preferred. Minimum of 5 years working in talent delivery, advisory, or other related HR area of expertise required. Experience should include operating within a large, multi-site or multi-national organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency with SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Global Advantage, a Deloitte assignment tool, preferred
- Experience building relationships and partnering with key stakeholders at senior levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; executive presence
- Consultative approach towards clients with a cross cultural sensitivity
- Proven ability to excel in a high volume, fast-paced, complex environment
- Highly self-motivated and able to drive results while working in a virtual team environment
- Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to identify, recommend, and collaborate with team members on process improvements and best practices.
- Adept at navigating ambiguous situations; driving standardization, while delicately balancing a need for exceptions based on unique circumstances.
- Ability to work autonomously, with critical understanding of when to escalate matters for leadership approval.
- High degree of confidentiality, exercising care in addressing issues
- Familiarity with Deloitte Business process, particularly those related to US Mobility
- Global Mobility technical expertise (e.g. deployment lifecycle and processes, DTTL Policy types and associated Business Drivers)
- Experience working in a multi-national, global team environment
Requisition code: DE17CHIGOP005LM48
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top