Global Employer Services - Pursuit Manager/Proposal Writer
Description of Growth Team and Americas Pursuit Center of Excellence
The Global Employer Services Growth Team sits in our National office with a focus on Clients and Markets and drives the Deloitte Tax and Global Employer Services strategies. This includes providing strategic and operational support for new client opportunities, retaining and optimizing existing client relationships, and supporting the development of go-to-market strategies. Our core competencies include pursuits and renewals, client experience and performance, retention, client events, communications, and global alignment. We also focus on market trends and liaise with engagement teams to present their clients with new services and initiatives to keep them out in front of global challenges and to help optimize the value of Deloitte GES as a service provider.
The Americas Pursuit Center of Excellence (CoE) is a highly connected and globally coordinated hub to drive growth - both profitable and transformational - and deliver on GES growth strategy across the Americas. Through the CoE, we houseend-to-end services from target identification, RFP response and orals coaching, through to pricing and contractingin order to establish Deloitte astheundisputedwinner in themobility, talent, and rewards marketplace.
- Leadkey pursuits and renewals for the GES practice, including developing, andexecuting on, winning pursuit strategies
- Workcollaboratively with GES client service professionals at all levels ofseniority to identify client decision makers, client needs, and marketdecisions makers
- Adviseengagement teams on differentiated messaging strategies
- Leadcalls or meetings
-Write, organize, and manage content for proposal documents and relatedcollateral. Manage contribution process, maintain version control, and takeownership of all components including the executive summary, graphics, bios, andqualifications
-Demonstrate comprehensive project management skills, by driving teams with 10to 50 contributing members and multiple critical milestones
-Provide strategic guidance to engagement teams on investments, competitiveintelligence, and market trends
- Applybrand and legal compliance standards to proposals and presentations, takingadvantage of all available tools and resources. Work collaboratively withgraphic design and quality assurance professionals. Provide overall qualitycontrol for all materials
-Translate complex problems and issues into clear and compelling messages. Edithighly technical content and add clarity and professional polish
-Negotiate, mediate conflicts and disputes, and quickly reach agreement orcompromise
-Provide comprehensive presentation coaching to engagement teams
-Participate in pursuit debriefs. Develop processes and standards in response tolearnings
- Participatein and/or drive initiatives aimed at developing or improving the CoE
- Beplugged into the broader market to understand buyer profiles, market trends,and competitive landscape
- Up to30% travel required
- 7+years of related work experience in business development, communications, ormarketing
- Excellentcommunication and project management skills
- Strategicand creative thinker with entrepreneurial spirit
-Strong work ethic with ability to manage time and take initiative
-Professional client service manner with executive presence
- Abilityto work efficiently and effectively under pressure
-Experience working with teams in professional services, or another largematrixed organizations, a plus
-Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MicrosoftSharePoint experience a plus
-Project management certification a plus
The Global Employer ServicesGrowth Team sits in our National office with a focus on Clients and Markets anddrives the Deloitte Tax and Global Employer Services strategies. This includesproviding strategic and operational support for new client opportunities,retaining and optimizing existing client relationships, and supporting thedevelopment of go-to-market strategies. Our core competencies includepursuits and renewals, client experience and performance, retention, clientevents, communications, and global alignment. We also focus on market trendsand liaise with engagement teams to present their clients with new services andinitiatives to keep them out in front of global challenges and to help optimizethe value of Deloitte GES as a service provider.
The Americas Pursuit Centerof Excellence (CoE) is a highly connected and globally coordinated hub to drivegrowth - both profitable and transformational - and deliver on GES growthstrategy across the Americas. Through the CoE, we house end-to-end servicesfrom target identification, RFP response and orals coaching, through to pricingand contracting in order to establish Deloitteas the undisputed winner in the mobility, talent, andrewards marketplace.
We are looking for a qualified,high-performing individual to join the Growth Team with 100% alignment to theCoE at the manager level. This role will focus primarily on pursuit support,managing the process from end-to-end including strategic guidance, projectmanagement, and orals coaching. The team member will be expected over time todevelop a broad understanding of our competitive advantage and have the abilityto educate others on the full suite of services while creating powerful andmeaningful value propositions. Key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
· Develop and lead winning strategies for pursuits incollaboration with teams
· Challenge teams to drive relationships and be innovative intheir approach to bringing high-value, customized, and winning strategies topotential clients
· Navigate opportunities with a focus on flexibility, the buyer,and trouble-shooting as circumstances change
· Coordinate activities with the team, including relationshipmapping, key messaging, value proposition, and competitive edge
· Provide strategic guidance and advisory support for non-CoE ledpursuits
· Coordinate (and participate in, as appropriate) debriefsfollowing a win or loss
· Contribute to our competitive intelligence and data mining,including trends and insights
· Support maintenance of self-serve materials and collateral
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks against deadlinesand expectations
· Creative and strategic thinker and ability to build and execute awinning strategy
· Ability to apply a nuanced (and flexible) approach to thespecificities of individual opportunities
· Ability to interact with and manage senior levels in theorganization
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strongprofessional relationships at all levels, with both internal and externalparties
· Willingness to travel (30%)
· 10+ years experience in a similar role, preferably pursuits and/ormobility services
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18NYCTMGRLS689-GES
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top