Global DevOps Leader
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are looking for a leader experienced in Application Development and IT operations, has a relentless pursuit for excellence, and is a great communicator to lead our Global DevOps team.
You will be part of our technology organization, working closely with other IT teams across Deloitte and will have an opportunity to build our next generation Cloud platform on a global level. You will work across various parts of Deloitte, build new teams, work with other countries, learn new technologies and have fun!
You are expected to have leadership and management experience, and also technical expertise to imagine and drive technical improvements across Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipeline, automate our infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code, and build & deliver solutions supporting our global audit practice.
You should be someone that brings new thinking and is excited with the challenge of driving change and new technologies. We want someone who relentlessly pursues excellence, is a deep and broad technical expert, and can build trusting relationships across teams.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Lead multiple teams of DevOps engineers who automate & build release pipelines, infrastructure and cloud platforms used by 70,000 auditors around the world.
- Work across multiple teams and business units to create strong relationships with senior IT and Audit leaders
- Manage end to end availability, security, and performance of mission-critical services
- Embed security control design, implementation and testing into the DevOps practices
- Drive improvements for the design, development and delivery of applications to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of solutions.
- Drive systems engineering design and recovery by minimizing manual involvement and leading continuous improvements that create an operating environment that includes dynamically monitoring, alerting, and automated self-healing and recovery
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with quality of your own and your teams technical execution
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services
- Lead, own, model and drive DevOps culture and behaviors
- Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum methodologies
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 10-15
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Proven leader who thinks strategically, communicates with influence, and builds trusting relationships
- Strong experience operating mission critical systems
- Strong communicator who can build trusting relationships across teams and business units
- Driver personality and proven delivery track record
- Firm sense of accountability, ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle with solid project management and communication skills.
- Experience with capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Advanced understanding of distributed systems architecture
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership
- Passionate for making things better and driving action
- Brings new thinking to challenge existing technology and processes & drive change across the organization
- Experience building, growing, and leading technical teams across geographies
- Excellent at building relationships across teams and communicating for influence (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
Requisition code: DE18USAGTS006LN0243
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top