Full Time Tax Consultant, Customs and Global Trade - McLean (C>)
Deloitte has a market leading, worldwide network of C> specialists experienced in global trade strategy, automation, export controls, and import/export compliance.
In an increasingly global business environment with increasingly complex businesses and operating models, tax and trade executives need to transform and enhance their tax and trade organizations and capabilities. Deloitte Tax helps clients create such an impact to their organizations by combining technology and technical resources to uncover insights and smarter solutions for navigating an increasingly complex global environment through a maze of import and export rules, manage compliance risks, automate global trade processes, and pursue duty savings opportunities associated with the production, import, and export of goods around the world. Joining our Customs & Global Trade team could be the right step for starting your career!
What you'll do
Our Consultants will participate in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. They work with US and multinational companies, understand national and international trade requirements and align their trade function with their business objectives. Consultants will have the opportunity to develop and pursue strategies while using the latest technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
- Help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain.
- Be part of a team that advises U.S. and multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance.
- Assist with the planning, compliance and exploration of automated import and export solutions.
- Customs audit assistance and representation before global customs and trade authorities around the world.
The C> team conducts analyses, assessments and reviews for import and export compliance. Additional services include business process, cost savings opportunity analysis, trade security program assessments and implementations. We exercise due diligence relating to customs and trade risk and potential opportunities. Tariff and export classification reviews and tariff engineering. Related party customs valuation analyses and documentation. All in preparation for U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) focused assessments and regulatory audits, as well as assistance with membership in CBP's voluntary programs, such as Importer Self-Assessment, Reconciliation, and the Customs-Trade Partnership against terrorism.
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field
- Strong academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all level
- Demonstrated interest in international trade or international business
- Strong research, writing, communication and project management skills
- Up to 50% travel
- Advanced Degree: MST, MAcc, JD or LLM
- Data management and analysis experience
- Experience with U.S. export regulations, working knowledge of non-US export control
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, and other enterprise resource planning systems
- Familiarity with global trade management software, as well as software aptitude in Access, Excel, and/or Visio
- Foreign language skills, study abroad or international travel experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: S17MCLTF18JULCD-CG
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top