FSA - Financial Services Advisory - Graduate Programme - 2018
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you're ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world's largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you'll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Financial Services Advisory
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
- Actuarial & Analytics Solutions
About the Role
The FSA graduate programme offers you the opportunity to be rotated across all our business areas for a period of up to 18 months, giving you extensive exposure to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as risk and financial modelling, design and implementation of risk / capital / funding frameworks, stress testing, regulatory developments, financial instrument valuations and pricing.
- Assisting in the development and validation of financial and risk models.
- Other responsibilities include assisting in the creation of market leading solutions and thought leadership; building strong clients relationships and general problem solving.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager who heads up the team you're assigned to, but also reporting to the managers leading individual projects.
What we offer:
- Unrivaled learning opportunities – because we perform consulting services, every project is different and every client is different – providing you with fresh challenges and the opportunity to rapidly expand your professional network.
- Exciting career growth prospects with remuneration to match the prospect of working closely with professionals who are leaders in their fields. The opportunity to explore less traditional actuarial fields and be involved in leading edge projects.
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth and provide project resources.
- The international Deloitte network provides opportunities to travel and access to International best practice.
No previous work experience is required
Core technical skills
- Build financial and risk models
- Automate existing financial and risk models
- Perform statistical analysis (e.g. clustering and segmentation)
- Valuation of options, derivatives and exotic structures
- Perform numerical valuation techniques, including Monte Carlo and decision trees
- Construct yield curves
Experience in SAS, Matlab, C#, Python or VBA is an advantage.
- University Graduate: BSc
- Preferably Honours or Masters
- Actuarial Science, Advanced Maths of Finance / M. Phil, Electronic Engineering,
- Statistics, Business Mathematics & Informatics or other mathematical sciences degrees.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Technical proficiency and an eagerness to expand skills and develop knowledge
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- The ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple deliverables
- The ability to interact in a team environment
- The ability to find innovative solutions to complex and often unusual challenges
- Flexibility i.e. the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and changing requirements
Requisition code: ZA130219TD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top