Food Service and Safety Manager, Associate 7
Full Time; Position requires on-site travel at supplier and/or client locations
Do you want to join our team leading our dynamic examination and inspection services for the Supply Chain and Restaurant business? Our services focus on measuring highly technical brands, products, service standards and food safety compliance. LRA by Deloitte recognizes that companies and brands face specific quality assessment and standards compliance challenges. Whatever the client goal, be it compliance, risk reduction, logistical challenges, or unique issues due to a highly nuanced program, our team delivers a tailored, thoughtful approach to helping solve these challenges.
The Food Service and Safety Team at LRA by Deloitte is a field-based team that is responsible for conducting food safety inspections for various clients with a focus on supply chain evaluations and restaurant services.
We are looking for motivated, ambitious individuals who are looking to travel and build and grow our team on various food safety/service accounts. The Manager will be working with food service clients conducting work according to their requirements.
In addition to their daily responsibilities, they must have excellent judgment, be well-spoken, and have the ability to have discussions with clients on business and program priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. At times, the Manager may develop and deliver important summary presentations of evaluation findings to the client.
Work you'll do:
- Lead and facilitate field examinations at different levels of the food supply chain and restaurant services to include but not limited to: manufacturing facilities, food production locations & food service locations.
- Evaluations include but are not limited to: ensuring the effectiveness of quality, food safety, sanitation, pest control, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- This position will conduct inspections of food facilities. This includes climbing and working within small areas. Must be able to use communication, relationship building, and coaching to drive quality improvement initiatives with manufacturing and distribution facilities.
- Recognize deficiencies and provide guidance, advice, and interpretation to manufacturing and distribution facilities for quality programs and issues.
- Be accountable for ensuring that all applicable laws and company policies for quality, sanitation, and food safety are met by the manufacturing or distribution facilities.
- Coordinate issue resolution relative to quality, food safety and sanitation issues identified within manufacturing plants and distribution centers.
- Provide coaching to suppliers during supplier audits.
- Understand client expectations and conduct food safety examinations to meet the unique expectations for each client.
- Produce accurate and consistent evaluations using real-time mobile reporting technology.
- Apply food safety, food service and hospitality industry operations experience to exercise high level of detail in evaluations.
- Follow LRA by Deloitte processes and procedures in regards to examination protocols and internal responsibility, take initiative in communicating areas of improvement with these processes by providing recommendations to the Senior Consultant / Account Administrator to improve training resource documents, tools and internal communication.
- Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with client personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge while at the client location. Represent the company in client meetings, participate/lead client programs, and interactions if requested.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls.
LRA by Deloitte is a leading global provider of Brand Protection and Customer Experience Measurement services for multinational companies with complex customer interactions. Our innovative brand standards field examinations, quality assurance inspections, mystery shopping programs, research, and consulting services have helped our clients provide consistent, memorable, and differentiated experiences to their customers. Many high-quality, global hospitality brands—as well as companies in the gaming, dining, healthcare, sports and entertainment, real estate, retail, and travel industries—choose LRA by Deloitte to help them measure and improve the customer experience. Learn more about the LRA by Deloitte practice.
- Minimum five years' experience in Food Industry required
- Minimum of two years' experience in food quality or food safety in a manufacturing/supply chain environment
- Preferred experience in the following categories is a plus: (Proteins / Dairy / Produce Farm / Grain Facility / Sauces and Seasonings / Imports
- Thorough understanding of sanitation practices and procedures and pest control is required
- Knowledge of operations and good manufacturing practices is required
- HACCP Certification is preferred and required upon hire
- If manager does not have a valid HAACP certification, it will be required to obtain and maintain active certification during employment
- ASQ CQA (accredited quality auditors) preferred and required upon hire
- If manager does not have a valid ASQ CQA certification, it will be required to obtain and maintain active certification during employment
- Food service and hospitality leadership experience in fast casual, corporate dining, fine dining or franchise models is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well technology devices, including, iPad, tablet and personal computer/laptop
- Must be well-versed in the English language in both grammar and spelling with proficient typing ability. Regional language capabilities may be required based on region
- Ability to work independently and properly manage schedule without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to travel throughout assigned region 100% based on client needs
- Possess a valid driver's license
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
Copyright © 2016 Deloitte Development LLC. All rights reserved.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Requisition code: E17NATA7KH020-LRA
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top