Flexible Consumption Business Capability and Process – Sr. Manager
Flexible consumption models—long employed by Utility and Telecom companies—is now expanding to businesses in other industries (including Technology, Media, Automotive, and Industrial Products), creating value for both customers and the companies that adopt them. These models are profoundly different from traditional business models and will require a very different set of business capabilities so that customers are able to access, consume, and pay for services based on need and usage—from media content to technology infrastructure and enterprise software solutions—in a flexible, scalable, and secure manner.
Deloitte has guided numerous companies through business model transformations towards flexible consumption while employing in-depth knowledge of new business capabilities, processes and complex interrelated systems. We are seeking an experienced leader with expertise in new capabilities across the entire value chain, including the areas of offer management and delivery, pricing, sales, configure-price-quote, subscription management, service provisioning, subscription billing and invoicing, and revenue recognition.
Do you want to be part of a team that transforms the business landscape for its clients? Do you want to be on the winning team that drives transformation, improves productivity and streamlines business operations? Do you feel your skills surpass those of your peers and colleagues? If your answer is yes, we want to hear from you immediately!
Work You'll Do
Our practitioners work in integrated project teams on a range of projects covering the entire lifecycle from planning through to design, development and the deployment of solutions. These project teams will often include leaders and specialists from other business and technical disciplines from within the consulting practice and from our clients. A focus on team work is therefore critical. As a Flexible Consumption Model capability Senior Manager, you will bring considerable business functional expertise to define new business capabilities, processes, and solutions to transform new business models. You will interact daily with key business and IT executives and lead multiple teams in various strategy and implementation activities
Responsibilities will include:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Planning & Delivery Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Eminence Development: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Business strategy: Overall business strategy to drive flexible consumption-based business models for the organization
- Business model: Clear definition and alignment on "what" is sold, "to whom," and "how"
- Business capabilities: Enabling processes and policies to support the target business model
- Operating model: Based on new set of business capabilities defining the right structure for organizing them to optimally deliver a company's offerings to the marketplace
- Technology platform: Strategic automation of processes for efficiency via a technology platform—applications, infrastructure, data, integration, and security
With a full range of capabilities, we work with clients through the entire transformation, from inception and design through execution and operation. We have professionals who are knowledgeable about all industry dynamics, core functional areas, strategic capabilities, and enablement technologies. We have a tested, proven framework and transformation methodology to guide our clients with confidence from business strategy through technical enablement:
Learn more about the Flexible Consumption practice.
- 10+ years of relevant technology consulting or industry experience
- Extensive experience in Lead-To-Cash business capability design & prioritization, requirements management and future state process design
- Must have experience leading multiple complex full-cycle business transformations including leading clients and consulting staff through critical phases of capability assessment & prioritization, requirements management, future state process design, and technology/vendor selection
- Solid understanding of flexible consumption models such as subscriptions, pay-as-you-go, usage-based and their role in innovative go-to-market approaches and new revenue models
- Experience working across a broad range of technology solutions and applications with good understanding of the business models they support
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience with selling to C-level executives and other business development activities
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Proven track record of consistently attaining managed revenue targets as well as achieving quarterly or yearly sales objectives for new business
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to the development and presentation of client proposals.
- A Bachelor's Degree
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. Our team has deep industry and functional knowledge of new flexible consumption-based business models. We can help you develop your tool belt and build your career in ways you probably never even knew existed. For you, leadership, core competency and consulting capability development are priority one here at Deloitte so we make sure you have the personal "hands-on" direction from the leadership team and Deloitte University to make sure your skills are developed on all fronts. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRMTC030-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top