Firewall Service Management Analyst – Deloitte Global
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The primary objective of the position is to provide operational support within the Shared Technology Services Firewall Management Service enhancing the areas of service management and quality control.
The Service Management Analyst role requires basic to foundation skills that enable the individual to deliver a high level of service and to meet the expectation from the business of a highly available, agile, firewall infrastructure. Foundational knowledge of network communications and security is required, along with a basic understanding of enterprise IT and its best practices.
The chosen candidate will support senior management and gain valuable exposure to Deloitte and its member firms around the world.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Firewall Service Management
- Ensure that the service needs are defined and delivered in accordance with member firm expectations
- Service reporting - Provide visibility and insights to assist member firms manage their firewall environment, e.g. activity and usage information, hardware and software inventory, security policy configuration, compliance etc.
- Service reviews and continual improvement – Coordinate and undertake regular reviews of service performance, and implement improvements based on the feedback received
- Devise and implement measure to ensure quality in Firewall Management Service operations
- Conduct service incident post mortem analysis and post outage reviews
- Follow through with member firm and vendor resources to close out availability, performance, and security incidents.
- Communicate and work with customers and peers in different time zone and countries.
- Accountable for execution according to established standards, procedures, and processes
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff, management and leadership
Additional responsibilities regardless of team include:
- Monitor the ServiceNow service desk (ticketing) system for effective use
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the information security management system (ISMS)
- Adhere to established incident management service level objectives.
- Participation in global working groups responsible for the development of the Firewall Management Service
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Excellent documentation and organization skills for knowledge management.
- The responsibilities listed here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilities may be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assigned by managers of this role at their discretion
- Bachelor's Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science, Networking, Management of Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience
Years of Experience*: 0-3, with accomplishments in education desired
Number of years' experience is provided as a guideline for hiring managers and represents the amount of experience typically needed to be successful in this role. Candidates with more or less years of experience may be considered based upon education, unique skills or other factors to be determined at time of hire.Number of years' experience is provided as a guideline for hiring managers and represents the amount of experience typically needed to be successful in this role. Candidates with more or less years of experience may be considered based upon education, unique skills or other factors to be determined at time of hire.
- Has basic understanding of network and firewall technologies and operation, sufficiently enough to be able to understand how to proceed further and advise with peer guidance to stakeholders.
- Awareness of related policies and standards; Demonstrates basic ability to apply established processes, activities and techniques; Understanding of the tools and resources available to execute the processes, activities and techniques
- Understanding of reporting and analysis. Ability to use reporting tools to collect data and to provide output with basic interpretation.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of IT Governance concepts and ability to ask appropriate questions to adhere to governance; Understanding of how governance has been implemented within Shared Technology Services and knowledge of when to escalate
- Ability to utilize and understand basic capabilities of network management tools. Ability to create test criteria and validate results
- Understands technology and technical concepts; Communicates effectively with stakeholders and team members regarding technical concepts
- Professional qualifications are preferred
- ITIL or related Service Management qualifications
Requisition code: DE17USAGTS004SY0022
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top