Financial Services Advisory - Treasury Manager
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you're ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for Deloitte. With 220,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world's largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you'll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Special Services Group
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Financial Services Advisory
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
Main Purpose of Job
Develop and grow the Corporate Treasury proposition by leading client projects, bringing corporate treasury practical experience to the teams, building Deloitte's eminence in this space and driving new business initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree
- University Graduate in Risk, Finance or Business
- 3 years working experience in operational front, middle or back office treasury of a corporate company
- 5 years in a operational front, middle or back office treasury including
- Experience in using Treasury Management Systems (e.g. SAP Treasury, Kyriba, Reval, IT2, WallStreet, etc.).
- Experience in terms of confirmations, settlements reconciliations, deal execution processes, payments and collection processes
- Strong experience in governance and control, policies & procedures.
What you'll do / Specialized Competencies
The Corporate Treasury service line specializes in providing financial, treasury and risk advisory services to non-financial institutions. Such companies are typically faced with challenges such as:
- Volatility in currency and commodity markets and implementing practical and effective hedging strategies.
- A lack of formal regulatory guidance as to how a corporate treasury should operate, how risks should be managed and what governance and controls should be in place.
- Shortcomings in terms of treasury systems and risk models.
As such, we specialize in providing the following solutions:
- Identification and management of financial market risk
- Formulating risk appetite and risk strategies, and formalizing this in the form of policies
- Hedging strategies and hedge accounting assistance
- Appropriate governance structures
- Financial model development and validation
- Benchmarking the front-to-back treasury operation against best international practices
Our client list stretches across a number industries, such as telecommunications, parastatals, oil & gas, mining and manufacturing.
Key Performance areas
- Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Tracks outputs against Service Level Agreement and reports to Senior Manager on any unforeseen issues arising
- Seeks to identify additional sales opportunities in client business
- Assists in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request
- Is a support resource in planning of sales presentations and client negotiation teams for new and retained business
- Develops market network in business and builds relationships that generate leads
- Builds relationships across Deloitte service lines to understand broader offerings and seeks opportunities for cross-selling
- Generates innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to client
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Manages day-to-day deliverables of team on client engagements / projects
- Proactively identifies client service and technical issues and implements resolutions to address these
- Develops productive working relationships with client teams
- Builds network of relationships across Deloitte to understand other service line offerings and to market own functional area
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with external clients across industries
- Participates in thought leadership process and shares functional and industry knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues and teams
- Leads delivery of team based on the SLA and identifies and addresses any areas of concern in outputs
- Manages engagement/project risk to ensure that the firm's risk policies as well as risk to client confidentiality is aligned at all times
- Consistently reviews and analyses standard and quality of team deliverables and implements changes as necessary
- Meets regularly with client and client teams to understand issues, anticipate needs and address these
- Keeps Senior Manager updated on status of engagement
- Communicates need for any changes in engagement / project plan to Senior Manager for discussion with Engagement sponsor / client
- Provides ongoing communication to teams on status of engagement / project, changes, achievements, etc.
- Drives Deloitte values of exceptional service to clients, growing the firm's brand and talent development
Development/Growth of Team
- Shares expertise and knowledge with team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
- Develops good working relationships with key talent in team
- Monitors resource requirements for engagement and communicates to Senior Manager the need for increase / decrease in team headcount
- Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area
Budgets / Profitability
- Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
- Monitors that time and expenses on engagement are accurately recorded and submitted weekly
- Manages WIP on engagement and ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte; align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
Requisition code: ZA133306TS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top