Federal Senior Security Specialist
Do you want to apply your skills to support the nation’s most sensitive and access-controlled information? Are you looking for the opportunity to be a security professional in an environment where you can be a strategic business advisor to a rapidly evolving Federal practice? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our Federal Security team and work side by side with our clients to ensure the delivery of quality people and information products throughout the contract lifecycle. Come experience the camaraderie of a fast-paced, diverse and unified team while reaping the benefits of one of the leading professional services firms in the world.
Work you’ll do
As a Federal Senior Security Specialist within our team you will:
- Provide timely, accurate, and courteous processing of Personnel Security (PerSec) actions required through-out the personnel security lifecycle
- Contribute to the evaluation, design, and refinement of security-related business processes
- Review and maintain current products and development of new products to improve overall Federal Security mission performance in coordination with client needs/requirements
- Develop and maintain personnel security policies and security education materials to meet specific compliance requirements
- Initiate, prepare, and submit required personnel security applications for access to National Security Information and Intelligence Community Programs
- Process contractor suitability paperwork in support of on-boarding requirements for Public Trust contracts and conducts prescreens and subject interviews
- Act as the quality control specialist for personnel security paperwork, ensuring all packages are properly completed and ensure any required/associated documentation is included
- Prepare and complete visit authorization letters for classified visit requests, and reciprocity letters
- Provide support to client badging and onboarding requirements processes
- Support monitoring, gathering and analysis of performance metrics and status information required for FedSec operations oversight
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte’s internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in personnel security
- Ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance
- Ability to properly handle and protect highly sensitive personnel/security data
- Operational familiarity with both JPAS and Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/acumen
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Professional security certification (DSS FSO, SPeD level 1, or NCMS ISP)
- Familiarity with Access Commander data base software
- Familiarity with SWFT and electronic fingerprinting
- Knowledge of OPM Personnel Investigation Processing System (PIPS)
- Awareness/knowledge of public trust suitability policy and processes
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ROSSEASRCAFS046
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top