Federal Security Specialist
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities of this position:
- Initiate, prepare, and submit required personnel security applications (initials, upgrades and periodic reinvestigations) for access to National Security Information and Intelligence Community programs to include eQIP, SF86, SF85P and other agency required paperwork;
- Process contractor suitability paperwork in support of on-boarding requirements for Public Trust contracts;
- Support FedSec's personnel security mission to include daily database entries, including but not limited to: status checks in JPAS; monitoring and queries associated with ensuring our cleared personnel databases are in synch with current employee status; notifications to newly cleared personnel; maintaining updated personnel security and suitability records, outgoing clearance certifications for classified visits; maintaining accurate and up-to-date records within internal database
- Fingerprint candidates in process for investigations
- Acts as the quality control specialist for personnel security paperwork, ensuring all packages are accurately completed and ensuring any required/associated documentation is included. When workload demands, also initiate, prepare and submit required personnel security applications (initial and periodic reinvestigations) for access to National Security Information/Intel/Special Access Programs
- Manage workload and cases. Develop relationships and conduct ongoing follow-up/communication with engagement teams and government points of contact (POC)
- Prepare and complete visit authorization letters (VALs, PermCerts) for classified visit requests, and reciprocity letters
- Support the requirements for client badging/onboarding processes
- Assist with other FedSec missions/actions and projects, as required
Position-specific Required Skills:
- In-Scope Top Secret/SCI personnel security clearance
- Associate's degree and/or professional security certification (DSS FSO, SPeD level 1, or NCMS ISP)
- 3-5 years of federal security or related services experience
- Professional, customer-centered attitude; executive demeanor
- Discrete, with ability to properly handle and protect highly sensitive personnel/security data.
- Strong computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet; familiarity with security database operations
- Knowledge of government databases including the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Scattered Castles and eQIP
- Knowledge of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (DoD 5220-22.M)
- Exceptional organizational skills, thorough, detail-oriented and follow-through behaviors essential; strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated proactive contributor and creative thinker who is willing to contribute ideas and operates well in a rapid-response environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Must be able to work both independently and in close collaboration/interaction with other team members
- Ability to take initiative - assertive and confident
- Flexible - able to prioritize/reassess multifunctional position in a dynamic and fluid work environment
Additionally Desired Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Existing TS/SCI clearance
- Familiarity with Access Commander database software is a plus
- Familiarity with SWFT and electronic fingerprinting is a plus
- Awareness/knowledge of public trust suitability policy and processes
Rosslyn, Chantilly and/or Crystal City, VA
Local travel required.
TOP SECRET government security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
Requisition code: E18ROSEASPCH001
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top