Federal Pricing Manager
Are you ready to apply your financial and analytical skills in a dynamic environment? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be a strategic business advisor to executive leaders? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of experienced Federal Pricing specialists who support large-scale Federal contracts in a fast-paced business climate. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally, consider a career with the Deloitte Federal Pricing and Estimating Group.
Work you'll do
As a Pricing Manager on our pricing team, you will report to the Pricing Team Lead of the team assigned. The role of Pricing Manager will need to be able to work with minimal supervision in the execution of the following key responsibilities:
- Review and interpret RFP/RFQ documentation; identify and develop questions based on the solicitation that impact Pricing compliance and strategy.
- Develop, communicate, and execute pricing and subcontracting strategies within proposals.
- Perform proposal preparation, coordinate vendor quotes, and participate in quality assurance reviews with minimal guidance from Team Lead. Perform proposal reviews with management.
- Build and populate templates to facilitate identification and population of staff within the estimating data - interacting with Engagement Team, Procurement, and outside sources to collect data for proposals.
- Develop and communicate Pricing requirements in the proposal planning / scheduling process.
- Develop cost exhibits designed to convey the appropriate information necessary to achieve cost realism.
- Lead Price Volume content development and publication prior to submission.
- Manage, mentor and review work products of pricing personnel junior to the Pricing Manager level.
- Coordinate review of the pricing volume with Contracts and other internal groups as necessary.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the characteristic attributes shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte - commercial, Federal, and public sector expertise - to best support our Federal clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Minimum 7 years in professional service with a minimum of 5 years in one of the following disciplines (or combination thereof) - pricing, program control, financial analysis, market research, or consulting, focused on providing business strategies, competitive intelligence, or market research within the Federal marketplace;
- At least 3 years of direct Federal Pricing experience;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications with a strong focus on Excel modeling for analysis and data presentation, and PowerPoint for developing effective presentations;
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines and Federal regulations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Understanding of the proposal life cycle as well as contract types, including fixed-price, cost, T&M/FPLH, GSA Schedules, BPA/IDIQs and commercial
- Understanding of solicitation pricing requirements and evaluation criteria
- Concepts of Cost vs. Price and Direct vs. Indirect rate structures
- Ability to accurately develop and maintain pricing models
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other acquisition regulations relating to proposal pricing
- Identification of many commonly-used regulations and ability to explain their relevancy to bids and pricing in general.
- Previous experience in a federal professional services contracting environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ROSSEAMGRADS-055
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top