Federal Cost Analyst
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges
Federal Practice - Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting's dynamic Federal Practice based in Washington D.C. and the surrounding Metropolitan area has opportunities for you to become part of their high-quality team that delivers innovative solutions to key Federal clients in financial management, business process improvement, strategy and operations, information systems development, package implementation, enterprise transformation, business process and applications outsourcing, and a full range of human capital advisory services.
The Financial Management Service Line focuses on the needs of the CFO and the finance function. As the role of finance evolves within an organization, balancing the need to be both a strategist and a steward, finance organizations will need to transform their processes, people, and analytic tools in order to manage these changes effectively. These changes include streamlining finance operations by increasing the efficiency of the finance organization and improving the effectiveness of finance by integrating performance management and analytic applications, such as performance score carding, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting capabilities
Consultants will work within teams, and analyze client's business needs and meet those needs using Deloitte solutions. Consultants perform accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manage day-to-day client relationships at peer client levels.
Provide support to OCIO/CM Portfolio Management Cost Estimating activities
- Provide cost modeling support
- Build accurate and complete cost models
- Work as a part of an integrated cost estimating team
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
TS Clearance is required
Overall Assignment Description:
Provide support to IT Services by understanding existing internal and external mission requirements, changes in funding profiles, and impacts on current and planned technology investments. Requires ability to work with stakeholders to convey risks, impacts, and funding necessary to mitigate risks.
- Provide IT cost modeling support
- Develop whitepapers, briefings, and planning/budgeting/execution documentation to characterize and communicate the IT investments which IT Services recommends to meet mission objectives
- Support IT Services equities at various boards on behalf of the Director of IT Services
- Review and recommend updates to IT Services policies
- Validate and forecast (via models) IT Services life-cycle requirements in support of Portfolio Management planning/guidance
- Provide acquisition support for seamless integration of IT Services Policy, technical & programming, planning, & analysis
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
Customer-service and goal oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, SAS ABC Cost experience is a plus
- Mandatory B.S./B.A. degree, or higher, in Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Mandatory 3 year(s) min experience designing, developing, and building cost models and economic analysis tools within the IC
Required work location is in Winchester, VA
Requisition code: E18ROSPDMFINLT-001
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top