Federal Contracts Senior Manager-Western Region
Are you a leader who is up to the challenge of a being a trusted business advisor and influencing business strategy at one of the premier consulting firms in the world? If you have experience with the complete FAR lifecycle and are interested in providing support to mission critical Federal government activities, Deloitte's Federal Contracts team is the place for you! Join our team of professionals in delivering integrated business solutions by successfully navigating the multiple dimensions of the Federal contracting landscape contributing to the success of our practice.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager Federal Contracts Administrator within our team you will:
- Apply knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and commercial contracting principles
- Demonstrate expert proficiency in managing the most complex portfolios and providing proactive and expert advice to account teams on contracts strategy and administration matters
- Represent the firm externally as a contracts authority to establish and expand imminence in the contracts profession
- Serve as a business advisor to multiple account teams on all facets of federal contract administration activities
- Monitor assigned contracts portfolios (to include pipeline and contract performance) to identify risk areas and opportunities to maximize revenue creation and retention
- Provide advisory level contracts support to account leadership that shapes and strengthens win strategies on Federal engagements
- Conduct reviews of complex contract actions in all phases of the contract life cycle
- Perform strategic contract negotiations of complex and/or non-standard contracts and agreements
- Guide and coordinate proposal and award activities for assigned contracts
- Serve as a domain expert on selected areas related to federal contracts and acquisition
- Compile and analyze contract related data and maintain historical information and documentation
- Track and communicate key issues and status of contracts portfolio relative to contract requirements
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple contract types (e.g. CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FFP/LOE, T&M, FFP) and solicitation types (e.g. FAR Parts 8, 15, and 16)
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- · Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- Previous experience supporting Federal clients with Defense Contracts
- Master's Degree
- NCMA: CFCM or CCCM
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ROSSSMGRAD059-EA
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top