Federal Civilian Payroll Specialist
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment ? Our Human Capital practice is on the forefront of helping to solve the government's most complex challenges - from the organizational shifts that result from rapidly evolving missions, to declining job satisfaction, duplication of HR services across agencies, and continuously rising costs of HR systems. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with Federal clients, consider a career in Deloitte's Federal Human Capital practice.
Work you'll do
As a Project Delivery Sr. Analyst in the Human Capital group you will:
- Support Implementation and Operations Management best practices
- Lead and support tasks on engagements related but not limited to HR Service Delivery , Learning & Development, Communications, Change Management, and Compensation and Reward programs
- Create and/or support project deliverables
- Perform analysis and diagnose client issues while demonstrating an understanding of the client environment and overall project scope
- Support our client's HR Division as a federal civilian payroll specialist
- Work proprietary client systems such as the time attendance system.
- Code, review, and process civilian payroll actions while ensuring timeliness, accuracy, & quality control
- Support in the processing of payroll for the client to include reviewing timesheets and various reports, supporting any leave issues, and tracking status reports each pay period on actions, errors and any issues that need to be resolved
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Typically has 3 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Ability to work independently, under general guidance
- Ability to lead project deliverables through to completion
- Experience working in a team environment
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Relevant software or application skills to complete job successfully
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Federal civilian payroll experience and experience with automated federal time attendance and other relevant systems.
- Ability to code, review, and process civilian payroll actions while ensuring timeliness, accuracy, follow-up procedures, and quality control
- Must be able to support payroll processing to include reviewing timesheets and various reports, supporting any leave issues and tracking status reports each pay period on actions, errors and any outstanding payroll issues that need to be resolved.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSCPDAR43973-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top