Federal Business Planning and Analysis Analyst
Are you ready to apply your financial and analytical skills in a dynamic environment? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be a strategic business advisor to executive leaders? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of experienced Federal financial professionals who support financial planning and analysis for the Federal practice in a fast paced business climate. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Federal Business Planning & Analysis at Deloitte.
Work you'll do
As an Analyst within our team you will:
- Work in collaboration with different areas in Federal Finance, Federal Business Systems, IT and other enabling areas as needed to provide first class support in all aspects related to data analytics and financial reporting.
- Compile reports, perform quality checks, and analyze financial performance at different levels within the organization.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data developing models to support repeatable processes Gain experience working on full lifecycle analytics projects using and developing various analytics tool
- Analyze results using statistical techniques providing ongoing report
- Maintain understanding and application of Federal Government contract requirements in general for programs and engagements
- Gain experience working on full lifecycle analytics projects using and developing various analytics tools
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- 1-3 years of relevant finance experience
- Experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Excel (Intermediate to advanced. Excel certification will be required post-hire) and PowerPoint skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with Deltek Cost Point, IBM Cognos, SAP, and TM1
- Experience with Access and/or SQL databases.
- Experience working with Government procurement personnel including but not limited to Defense Contract Management Agency and Defense Contract Audit Agency
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSSEAANHS001-L4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top