Federal Audit Readiness Internal Control Sr Consultant
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do
Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gap
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations
- Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matters
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manage own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experience
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field
- 3+ years of experience performing financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments
- 3+ years of experience in reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information
- Knowledge of and experience improving Federal accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives and generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or OMB Circular A-123 documentation, Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), testing and reporting requirements
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Understanding of Federal rules and regulations such as COSO, A-123 and A-133 (SOX experience would be equivalent for resources with commercial background)
- Conduct assessments of business processes in order to evaluate the design of internal controls and ability to develop corrective action plans to remediate identified gaps
- Ability to document process cycle memos, control matrices and process flows
- Ability to write test scripts and execute testing of controls through the review of client documentation
- Respond to auditor requests and resolve questions from IPA during an audit
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, financial system integrations, etc.
- Familiarity with U.S. government financial accounting systems
- Certifications including CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CFA
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18MECCSRCGB029-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top