Experience and Engagement Metrics Manager
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Knowledge Services enables our professionals to leverage the full breadth of Deloitte's global capabilities in service to our clients. Knowledge Services (KS) professionals connect people to knowledge, focusing on essential knowledge management activities such as: managing intellectual property, curating project experiences, capturing and connecting expertise, sustaining networks within and across teams, and enabling the leverage of third-party content.
The objective of the Metrics program is to enable Knowledge Services professionals and their customers, who are Deloitte's business leaders, to make a more meaningful impact by leveraging data-driven insights. This Metrics Manager role supports leadership visibility to the usage and success of knowledge systems, and provides product managers insights about how their products are being used.
The Experience and Engagement Metrics Manager is responsible for directing projects and complex analyses in support of improving the knowledge systems used by Deloitte professionals globally. This role reports into the Metrics and KPIs Program Lead within the CoRe Knowledge Services (KS) team.
User Experience Analysis
- Work with product managers to define and implement product success measures. Report these and provide recommendations on how KPI performance can be improved.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the Knowledge Exchange (KX) user experience improvements, leveraging deep analysis of usage patterns.
- Lead a "before and after analysis" of each user interface change to assess the outcomes of each release. Facilitate this review with product management and leadership, and recommend any follow on actions based on these findings.
- Proactively monitor incoming traffic to the Knowledge Exchange (KX), such as search and navigation, to maintain a consistently high level effectiveness at seamlessly getting users to the needed Knowledge Exchange (KX) tools and content.
- Proactively monitor traffic within the Knowledge Exchange (KX) to enable a consistently excellent experience. This might include pathing analysis, page redundancy analysis, error rate tracking, etc.
- Proactive identify experience issues based on alerts to any changes in success measures or experience measures.
- Define and lead delivery of complex analysis as requested by key stakeholders within the KX Experience, Depth and Insights, or Knowledge Services (KS) leadership team.
Web analytics data definition, governance, and oversight
- Work with product managers to define expected user experience outcomes associated with planned investment releases, and how these will be assessed.
- Define digital analytics / web analytics tagging requirements that would enable the needed success measures to be most easily tracked and reported.
- Oversee delivery of and provide consultative review of analysis reports.
- Oversee issue triage and drive resolution for all web analytics data issues.
- Oversee web metrics thread of all Knowledge Services (KS) system releases.
- Lead stakeholder discussions regarding metrics information needs, driving out prioritized business requirements, and negotiating them as needed to achieve a workable solution to the business need within the allowed timeframe
- Build and manage a project plan to deliver these requirements, reporting to Metrics Program Lead and Product Managers on progress
- Determine how existing reporting may need to be adjusted to accommodate changes or additions to functionality in existing KM systems. Identify impact of the changes, define corresponding metrics changes required, and drive them to delivery
- Oversee the test effort to validate accurate delivery of stated requirements.
- Sign off on the Metrics thread of the release.
Oversee junior analysis delivery
- Define and oversee detailed analysis work done by less experienced resources
- Provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship that enables these team members to make greater contribution over time to the delivery of insights in support of user experience improvements.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; relevant fields of study may include: Analytics, Business, Management, and Information Systems.
Years of Experience: Candidate must have 5-7 years of relevant experience. Experience in a global professional services organization a plus.
- Strong analytical capabilities and creative problem-solving skills
- Predisposition to understand technology quickly
- Proficiency with one or more analytics tools such as Adobe Reports or Adobe Project Workspace, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, or SSRS (Adobe Reports / SiteCatalyst is strongly desired)
- Proficiency in database and ETL technologies (e.g. SQL Server or SSIS) strongly desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SharePoint experience is highly desirable
- User experience design such as wireframes, A/B testing, application prototyping, information architecture or navigation design
- Search analytics experience highly desired
- Experienced, independent thinker with proven project management experience; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and stakeholders and deliver results
- Highly responsive with demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, build trust and confidence, and manage customer expectations
- Collaborative, team player
- High comfort level working, managing resources, and collaborating in a virtual, global environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to change; experience managing change, acting as a change agent to influence others
Requisition code: DE18GLBGOP005LN0209
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top