Enterprise Operations Engineer - Certificate Management
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are seeking a Enterprise Operations Engineer. The primary objective of the position is to provide operational and project support within the Enterprise Systems and Tools group ensuring that the GTS hosted and managed services/applications and data center facilities are highly available. The specific focus of this role is on Enterprise Certificate (SSL) Management.
The Operations Engineer role requires advanced to mastery skills that enable the individual to deliver a high level of service and to meet the expectation from the business of a highly available agile infrastructure. Advanced to mastery knowledge of Core, Specialized and technical competencies is required, along with a very solid understanding of an enterprise IT infrastructure operational environment, adhering to industry best practice.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate advance to mastery skills in Certificate Management using industry tools such as Venafi, Entrust.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities may change based on the given needs of the business. General responsibilities must always be carried out in accordance with defined standards, policies and procedures, and will include:
- Management and control of physical and virtual servers and storage
- Management and operation of Operating Systems and integrated infrastructure applications
- Management and control of enterprise infrastructure management tools
- Management and control of Disaster Recovery Process
- Management and control of enterprise infrastructure and application automation tools
- Ensure optimization and performance of the infrastructure
Operational Support and Service Delivery
- Providing administrative and operational subject matter expertise for Venafi infrastructure and systems
- Ensure timely delivery of digital certificates used for securing and encrypting communications data in transit for users, systems and applications.
- Play an integral role in administering a large-scale enterprise and publicly trusted PKI services
- Serve as a key administrator/custodian in orchestrated processes designed to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive data.
- Process digital certificate requests utilizing Service Now integrated with Venafi CMS software solutions. This includes delivering digital certificates from internal and external Certificate Authorities.
- Issue digital certificates in accordance with client policies.
- Perform the duties of Registration Authority by validating certificate requests.
- Assist users with all things needed for certificate signing process. Communicate and converse with all levels of the customer and management base to explain how things work and why.
- Understanding of deployment of certificates to F5 devices and/or IIS essential for assistance/triage with customers.
- Responsible for maintaining and generating reporting, analytics, and dashboards for enterprise certificate management.
- Work with vendors to continuously improve technological features and capabilities, operational management and troubleshooting capabilities, end user interfaces and security and performance reporting.
- Work may include consulting with business, project and technical teams on requirements for employing cryptographic capabilities and leveraging encryption services, evaluating security controls around new and existing implementations.
- Work may include evaluating new technologies and product capabilities.
- Train and support other support teams including member firms, global member firm infrastructure support and Global Network Operations Centre to streamline support processes
- Participate in "Systems Day" and other maintenance activities
- Participate in post mortem activities and report generation
- Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Report any breaches in information security or policies.
- Respond to and manage escalated service issues and problems.
- Identification and delivery of operational KPIs and associated reports.
- Work with Technical Delivery Managers and project managers to scope and on-board projects
- Contribute to Project Charter
- Participate in sprint planning activities
- Execute project delivery plans
- Contribute and/or lead requirements gathering
- Contribute and/or lead architecture design
- Identify and escalate project risks
- Attend scrum meetings as needed
- Provide support for procurement, including activities including sourcing
- Coach others as needed
- Participation in global working groups responsible for the deployment and development of global technology systems and infrastructure
- Provide input into peer Performance Reviews
- Mentoring of staff on technical process and procedure
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Contribute to, produce and maintain processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation
- Development of user manuals and administration documentation
- Change Control - Ensure compliance with Processes and adherence to standards and documentation
- Establish relevant information sites and associated documents (FAQs, on-boarding documents etc.)
- Provision of knowledge documents to support team knowledge repository
- Provide assistance in management of documents and processes
- Assist in training new staff in technical processes and procedures
- Create awareness and celebrate success by contributing to newsletters and other updates
Education (degree): Bachelor's Degree
Other (Explain): College Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Years of Experience: 5-8
Other (Explain): n/a
- Working knowledge on end-to-end management of certificate authorities, key stores, keyrings, hardware security modules (HSM)/encryption devices.
- Has an advance knowledge of scripting including but not limited to PowerShell and Java-Script scripting languages.
- Provides recommendations or solutions in project calls, technical analysis, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining multi-level Certificate Policy and Certificate Practice Statements.
- Contributes to and is consulted during infrastructure architectural activities by applying select architectural techniques and technical knowledge. Understands and leverages infrastructure architectural principles for cross-functional purposes. Works with vendors as well as internally.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IT governance concepts. Understands and able to manage the relationships of all relevant stakeholders. Understand the portfolio and the business drivers of the various components. Supports the execution of the primary goals of IT Governance.
- Monitors consistency in written materials; Assesses the audience needs and level of understanding for written materials; Contributes samples and leading practices in the area of written materials
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
- Microsoft Server Platform
- Knowledge on ADFS Certificates
- PowerShell and/or other scripting languages
- ITIL Foundation Qualification
Requisition code: DE18USAGTS004LN0897
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top